X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K24 refurbishment

Hi,

Anyone else got any idea on quotes, this is the reply i got from AET:

A fully reconditioned turbo for your vehicle would cost £340.00 + VAT, we also do a VT109-6 (K26 Hybrid) which is similar to a RS2 spec capable of up to 400+ bhp at a cost of £695.00 + VAT on an exchange basis.

Might just be me but i thought a refrub was quoted on here cheaper than that through these guys.....

Cheers,

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Nope thats a good price! errrrr hold on, plus vat!!!!

Search for AET with Doug_RS2 as a username on the forum, sure his was around £295

Comment

yeah Jamo thats what i mean )
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I wouldn't expect to get much change from £400 for a turbo rebuild. You'll probably find they will discover one or more components have to be replaced, this will up the price further
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Could you ask them what compressor does the k26 hybrid have?
          -

Comment

I phoned AET about 2 wks ago-regarding reconditioning of kkk24. They stated £250 for it (seals, bearings, balancing).

Instead bought another kkk24 for less money. And will get mine reconditioned for no more than £100 in Lithuania.

Comment

I'm starting to think in terms of a rebuild but if it's that expensive I'll look for an uprated turbo! (Intersting approach to maintenance:- if it's broke, uprate it!)
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Exactly my way of doing things. The perfect excuse for improving.
                SS

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
                  Hi,

also do a VT109-6 (K26 Hybrid) which is similar to a RS2 spec capable of up to 400+ bhp at a cost of £695.00 + VAT on an exchange basis.

David
                  Sounds quite good but what about exchange for a K24... may have to investigate.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
                    Hi,

Anyone else got any idea on quotes, this is the reply i got from AET:

A fully reconditioned turbo for your vehicle would cost £340.00 + VAT, we also do a VT109-6 (K26 Hybrid) which is similar to a RS2 spec capable of up to 400+ bhp at a cost of £695.00 + VAT on an exchange basis.

Might just be me but i thought a refrub was quoted on here cheaper than that through these guys.....

Cheers,

David
                    Do remember boys you will need a remap if get the uprated turbo with update IC at a minimum, so budget for a little Mihnea magic.

Comment

Good point well made

recent thread on upgrades

Mihnea
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I think I can get a remanufacturered one from BNT for about £500 or a K26 RS2 for £712 but i was sure i'd seen it more like £250 for a refurb.

Porkkis, I will email back and ask for the full spec on the hybrid K26 they mention.

Cheers guys,

David
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                        X