What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

DKW_dude and I found this in my S2 engine. Do you guys know what this is?

It is attached to the wastegate.

http://forum.vwaudi-club.no/showthread.php?t=15566
    Attached Files

Does it have an Audi part number on it. I have seen many S2's and they have never had one of them on it. How many boost lines does it have to it and where do they go??? Do you still have the factory WGFV(N75)???
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
      Does it have an Audi part number on it. I have seen many S2's and they have never had one of them on it. How many boost lines does it have to it and where do they go??? Do you still have the factory WGFV(N75)???

I think I found out what it is.

http://www.castelli-italtec.com/

"This device acts on the Wastegate valve increasing within optimum values the over boost. This value can be changed at any moment by activating a switch: position 0 = normal horsepower; position 1 = medium horsepower; position 2 = maximum horsepower."

I am new at the turbo game so I do not know so much about it. Can someone tell me how this works and is it damaging for my engine?

Comment

I will try to find out how it works in real life today

Comment

Looks like a tarted up manual boost controller, wouldnt want to use it myself. Get a proper chip or remap if you want more boost and power.

Greg
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Looks like a solenoid vent valve. It just bleeds off a set amount of boost pressure off the wastegate actuator pipe. I used a couple of those on my old car to get three stages of boost. It was useful in the rain, with only 2WD it was good to be able to reduce boost.
            SS

Comment

It satt on the car when it came from Schweiz. Do the S2 in Schweiz have fever HP?
              I tought that maby the car was chipped, and the owner could reduce the boost if he had to.
              I know that the urQ had less HP i Schweiz than in the rest of Europe.

Comment

Working...
              X