wastegate cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wastegate cap

i have been reading with interest about the wastegate adjustment screw.
    i took the cap of mine today, but how do you get to the allen bolt adjuster?? there seems to be a 'rusty' disc firmly located over it.

any information on how to remove this obstacle?
    '92 S2 - Bent now

I wouldn't play around with the wastegate spring for improved power because you will remove some of the ECU failsafe capabilities plus you won't get good power. My car has been remapped but the adjustment screw is still virginal and the little cap still in place. My wastegate has a stiffer spring fitted as part of the remapping process.

If you really want to remove that cap I would suggest sending a small drill bit in and prysing it out with a screwdriver.
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

You need to drill a small hole in the middle, 4-5mm or so, then prise it out. Its only pressed in so should just pop out.

Comment

thanks guys, i think this may have to wait till after my trip to germany!!
        '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

As lee says, i wouldnt mess with it.

Comment

Martin, we replied exactly the same time! Good job we both had the same answer! LOL!

Designun Limited....

Comment

Leave it well alone Ian!! Trust me
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I finally got the screw going today , undone it 2.5 turns , it boosts to 1.8 and settles at 1.5-1.5.5
                ______
                Rob
                sigpic_________
                Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robo
                  I finally got the screw going today , undone it 2.5 turns , it boosts to 1.8 and settles at 1.5-1.5.5
                  ______
                  Rob
                  Doh! Have I screwed up here? When Mihnea chipped my UrS4 at Doug's house he told me to give the screw a couple of turns as it was only getting 19 psi boost and should have been 22psi. I assumed it was 2 turns in, not 2 turns out.

So have I actually reduced my boost?

Graeme.
                  94 UrS4 Avant, slowly modding as we go. Now gone replaced with:
                  2001 S6 Avant, V8 works for me!

Comment

You should have turned yours in to stiffen the spring to prevent wastegate creep. My stiffer spring is the equivalent of something daft like 18 turns in!!

Designun Limited....

Comment

Be careful when discussing these springs as it depends which one you have fitted. Do what was suggested by the tuner for your specific car and hardware.

Designun Limited....

Comment

Originally posted by JPL
                        Doh! Have I screwed up here? When Mihnea chipped my UrS4 at Doug's house he told me to give the screw a couple of turns as it was only getting 19 psi boost and should have been 22psi. I assumed it was 2 turns in, not 2 turns out.

So have I actually reduced my boost?

Graeme.
                        My one was boosting 2bar+ I had to reduce it by turning screw out 2.5 turns.
                        If you screw it in you will be boosting more.
                        _________
                        Rob
                        sigpic_________
                        Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robo
                          My one was boosting 2bar+ I had to reduce it by turning screw out 2.5 turns.
                          If you screw it in you will be boosting more.
                          _________
                          Rob
                          Cheers Rob, you had me worried for a minute there.

Graeme.

Comment

Lee, I finally got my S3 DV today so will fit it tomorrow and check boost pressure again to make sure it's up around the 22 psi mark. I'll return the WG screw to the original position and try again to see if it maintains 22 psi. Mihnea wasn't sure my DV was up to the job, hence the S3 one.

I'll also have a part used set of rear pads (370?) if you don't get any other offers this weekend. Let me know if you want them and I'll post them down to you.

Graeme.

Comment

Working...
                            X