misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misfire

i have a 93 coupe s2 aby i went to start it last night and it was lazy to start and wen it did sart it misfired u can feel it alot at tick over but wen you drive it doesnt seem to be as bad the power is still there wen u put your foot down ive checked the plugs and two are black and the others are normal theres a spark on the plugs wen there out

Sounds like a running problem on two cylinders then. Are the two black ones next to each other?? Any loss of water/oil? Might be worth doing a compression test to see if its low on a couple of cyls.
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

the two black ones are next to each other wen i took them out to day there was water on the plugs not a lot but it was there and wen its running there a strange noise if u put your ear on the im . i took the injector plug of injector of the cylninders which i suspect and there was no difference but wen i did the same on the other cylinders it wanted to stall if it turns out to be the engine how hard is it to pull it apart and put it back together
      thanks for the tips

Comment

Sounds like possible head gasket failure or burnt out valve. Get a garage to confirm this before taking it all apart. Head gasket isnt that bad a job, but if you arent confident then dont try it.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
          Sounds like possible head gasket failure or burnt out valve. Get a garage to confirm this before taking it all apart. Head gasket isnt that bad a job, but if you arent confident then dont try it.
          the garage has confirmed the head gasket has gone between 3 and 4 i have done head gaskets on old car renault 21 turbo but people tell me they are a nightmere
          and would u advies getting the head skimed and polished

Comment

dont skim it if you can help it, or take as little as possible off. A polish isnt that much of an advantage, but if you can do it, or get it done, then why not.

A renault 21T isnt quite as complex as the S2, but tricky in its own way. If you can do the renault then im sure you will be fine with the audi. Order the factory booklet for the engine, this has procedures for cam timing and all the specs/torques you will need. If it says replace it do so.

Good luck
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

and dont forget to check for crackes in the ruber..
              Attached Files
              ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
              2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
              2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
              2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
              kostic.nu

Comment

Working...
              X