injector replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injector replacement

Tonight I want to replace my injectors. I think they leak at the moment, the car really starts hard after it is warmed up and cooled down for a periode of an hour.

Is this hard to do, do I need something to know before I start?

Is there maybe a guide?

thanks again,

Erik
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Its a dead easy job. Remove the fuel pump relay and crank engine until it dies. This will get rid of the fuel in the fuel rail. Then disconnect the wiring to the injectors. Undo the 2 small bolts that hold the fuel rail to the manifold. Squirt a drop of WD40 around the injectors where they go into the manifold, then pull the fuel rail up gently. Give it a wiggle, to loosen the seals in the plastic manifold inserts. Once that it free, remove the 5 metal clips on the fuel rail and then pull out the injectors.

Fitting is the same procedure, in reverse. Apply a small amount of vaseline to the new o rings.

PS Dont forget to re fit the fuel pump relay!!!
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Thanks tom you are a real help!!

Comment

the injectors are fitted, was the most easiest thing i have done on the s2 till now. The car runs fine with the aby injectors, i only have a problem with one of the plugs it is broken, it cant be secured at the moment. After the replacement i went for a test ride during the ride the plug came a bit lose and the car drove on 4 cylinders, cant be good !!.

Can this plug be cut of and replaced by a new one?

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5628
          SS

Comment

I guess thats a yes then!

Glad my guide was of help.
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Yeah. A couple of injector clips broke on my cq20v ages ago. Then two of the plugs just crumbled in my hands. I nearly poohed myself, thinking I was going to have to replace the loom, or splice some other plugs back on. Knowing what Audi are like. What a relief. Only a few quid aswel.
              SS

Comment

The plug is replaced, by the stealer, I didnt had the time ):, 27 euro. I think they took a test ride an hour ago before I picked it up. When I cranked the engine it still not started right away, like when it is cold or hot, i still needed a few seconds to start. What else can this be. A sensor?

Comment

Fuel pump has a non return valve in it, if this goes faulty then fuel drains from the line and can take a few cranks before it starts.

Did you fit new injectors, or are they s/hand ones?? It may be that they leak too.
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I fitted s/hand injectors, But they came from someone that is also active on this and the dutch forum. He told me that they where fine.

Is it easy to take out the fuel pump and see if this valve isnt going back? . Can it be that the temp.sensor on the IM isnt working correct?

Comment

To test the valve, plumb in a fuel pressure tester and run the engine, then after about 10 mins re check the residual pressure. I dont have the figures to hand at the moment, but im sure someone on here will have them!
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

When I replaced the injectors and took the bolt out of the fuel rail there was still a lot of pressure on the system, so I think the pressure is ok. The car does start fine when it is completly cooled down and when it is still hot. But when it stands for 1 a 2 hours it is hard to start.

Comment

Working...
                        X