No announcement yet.

Nero's RR plot, still some questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero's RR plot, still some questions...

Hi guys,

November 20 we went to a Rolling Road (RICA Engineering) with the cars from S2power.com.

As my spare ECU was Digi-Tec tampered (and S2forum.com told me not to use anymore and is sold now), I went with the stock ECU with 0.8 bar (± 12 PSI) boost.

The only mods to my S2 are:

Handmade exhaust, still with Cats,
    K&N Conefilter, with heatshield,
    a RS2 Intercooler.

This is my curve:

A nice 259 BHP, I was very pleased with that stat! I didn't expected the mods performing so well.

The torque wasn't increased very much. But a nice spread over the RPM's. Not a Torque Curve, but a Torque table...

Does someone dare to say what will happen if I send my ECU to Mihnea?
    Boost will rise to approx 1.4 bar again? Am i going to reach the limit of my turbo, because of the 39 bhp received by the optimized aspiration?

How will that effect the BHP en Torque? I have heared that stock K24 will not give more than 300 bhp?

Will we reach the 300 BHP with the Remap?

I want to dismiss both Cats too, but my aspiration is fine. Would this give some BHP again, or are we going to reach the limit of the turbo?

Please explain the effect of optimizing the aspiration to BHP and how the limits are effected by this.

Thank you!
    www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

300HP should be possible, it's been discussed already here

If you send me your ECU, you'll get 275-280HP and 410-430Nm of torque with 1.3 Bar boost.

The big advantage is that you'll still have something to protect your engine from detonation in case you get screwed with a bad batch of gas, which is not gonna happen with the Digi**** chips that are really bad, because the knock sensors are disabled...

If you're looking at 300+HP, throw the K24 away!

Mihnea
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

The wheel power seems rather low at around 55% of the calculated flywheel power. Is this what to expect for a 4wd car due to the extra losses in the powertrain and extra pair of wheels in contact with the rollers?

Just wanted to know what to look for as I'm looking at getting a plot done for mine so I roughly know what I'm starting with and can provide some useful upgrade information at a later date.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

The wheel HP sounds the same as what comes out of QST's dyno, same Maha generation. IMHO plain wrong but who cares, figures at the crank look about right.

A stock 3B S2 should be around 160-170 HP at the wheels.

HTH,

Mihnea
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

I see that overboost (~1.2bar) didn't come out to play on these rollers. What gear was the run done in ? However its a fine plot based on 0.8bar boost and is evidence that a better exhaust, intake and intercooler are worthwhile mods - even with stock chips.

How was IAT and oil temp measured. They seem a little low .....
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks, I know that rollers are fickle as anyhting!
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Ok, so the 300 bhp will be reached!

When it's time I will give my ECU to Jeffer and he can give it to you.

Overboosting is only for ABY/ADU or chipped 3b, I believe?

My mate Lukas received 293 bhp with his ABY stock exhaust and IC, while other stock ABY-s got their 230 BHP. No other stock 3b-s...
              So I should have known that with my mods the 300 bhp is possible.
              But he can't get over 300?

In the future, someday, the real stuff will be fitted, like RS2 turbo.
              Untill then, 300+ bhp would be nice...
              www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

Working...
              X