Thermostat temp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat temp.

Can anyone tell what should be the water tempriture when driving? Mine stays steadily 2 lines after 60C (about 75C I think). Shouldn't it be little hotter?
    Another thing is that the oil tempriture stays about 1-2 mm away from the minimum tempriture (I think 60C was the minimum) - seems like oil temp sensor is not working right or is the oil really so cold??

Reimo

Mine really depents on the outside temp. During the summer, 20 -30 degrees, it was always around 80-90. When it got winter it was getting lower and lower. At the moment it was 5 degrees outside, I didnt see a value at all. After replacing the thermostat it was over. At the moment, at around 5 degrees, it is between 80 and 90 degrees. The oil temp depents on how hard i hit the throttle normal driving it is around 80, pushing the pedal to the bottom it will rise aroun max. 95.
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Originally posted by kaaperdaja
      Can anyone tell what should be the water tempriture when driving? Mine stays steadily 2 lines after 60C (about 75C I think). Shouldn't it be little hotter?
      Another thing is that the oil tempriture stays about 1-2 mm away from the minimum tempriture (I think 60C was the minimum) - seems like oil temp sensor is not working right or is the oil really so cold??

Reimo
      Reimo,

Do you have a clima in the car? In that case it can show you the real and exact temp value with a certain combination of the buttons.
      Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Yes, I have clima. It's not working though since I think it needs refilling (worked before). Can you give me the combination?

Reimo

Originally posted by horvathg
        Reimo,

Do you have a clima in the car? In that case it can show you the real and exact temp value with a certain combination of the buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by kaaperdaja
          Yes, I have clima. It's not working though since I think it needs refilling (worked before). Can you give me the combination?

Reimo
          Now, on cars 90-96 it works like this: push the right lower button and keep it pushed. Push the right upper button and release it. Release right lower button. Now the left side display should show a C letter. With the +- buttons under it you should step up to 51 and then push the right lower button for a second. This time the left display side shows the engine temperature. There is the complete secret clima code list somewhere on this forum or I can send it to you email but in german.
          Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int6.shtml

Russ

have 5cylinders, quattro and 20 valves, but no turbo yet

Comment

Working...
            X