GT25/40R vs GT30R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT25/40R vs GT30R

What is everyones opinion about these turbos on our 2.2 liters? Ive heard great info about the GT30R but im trying to find more info on the GT25/40R and how it would perform with our engines. Anyone know the HP potential of each and how much lag each would have? Im hearing the GT30R is good for 500+ but havent heard anything about the gt25/40r. Which would be your pick? Thanks in advance.

I run the GT30 R
    Problem is that it doesn´t kick in until 4300 rpm, but then it really kicks.
    Good for 500+ hp yes.

Søren S2
    Audi RS4 LO550

BTG 8:08

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

i am running GTBB30R Ant it is good for 550Hp it kicks ~4000rpm the car is like crazy with this turbo. next year it will hopfuly kick in at 3500rpm when i am replacing my cams.
      ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
      2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
      2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
      2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
      kostic.nu

Comment

GT30R with K26#8 hot side and dual ball bearings in Nickhey's car kicks in at 3300 RPM.

Mihnea
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
          GT30R with K26#8 hot side and dual ball bearings in Nickhey's car kicks in at 3300 RPM.

Mihnea
          Mihnea, do you have any other information about this car? Where did he get this turbo and any estimates on what numbers this car is pulling? Any loss of performance because of the hotside?

Comment

The car did 330 HP at the crank with 22psi at 5800 RPM. Stock cams, stock everything else except for injectors, RS2 EM, 3" exhaust and RS2 intercooler I think...

spool-up and lag are much better than with an RS2 turbo, however peak power seems a little disappointing... more would certainly be possible with bigger cams and some head work, as well as more boost...

HTH,

Mihnea
            '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
            info@MRCTuning.com
            Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
              ... more would certainly be possible with bigger cams and some head work, as well as more boost...

HTH,

Mihnea
              With proper headwork and cams, you probably don't need much more boost

Comment

Working...
              X