Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rs2 parts

Hi all,

I couldnt decide if I let my standard car (3B)be remapped or buy the rs2 parts and then do the remap. I find the remap pretty expensive (I know it is worth every penny), especially when 6 months later I decide to built the car to rs2 specs. I found someone that sells a lot of rs2 parts of a car that has done 60.000 km. He is selling the following parts:
    - RS2 cams
    - RS2 ECU + complete cable
    - RS2 downpipe
    - RS2 EM
    - RS2 Turbo
    - RS2 cats
    - RS2 IC

Do I really need all these parts?, I was only interested in the turbo and the EM. Because I had some other things in mind for the cams, ECU, downpipe/exhaust,CAMs, CATs and IC.
    The guy told me that I would make me an interesting price when I bought everything together.

Is someone else maybe interested in the parts which will be left?

Thanks

Erik
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

if it´s the oe metal cats from the rs2,and rs2 down pipe i could be interested depending on price,mail me one´s you get a total price,whith what you want for them,
    and ill let you now if i can that much cash right now.
    BR
    RIX

Comment

What is the norma price to pay for ? Are these cats and downpipe different compared to the s2 downpipe and cats

Comment

normal price i wicked,the cats are 200 cell metal,the downpipe is bigger where they go into the cats (64mm/s2 is 60mm),the part by the turbo is the same as aby,the down pipe is about 250-270 euro in germany,but since you have the 3b the rest of the system is different the joyning part after the cat´s.
        BR
        RIX

Comment

I had in mind to buy a complete SS exhaust system including downpipe,and a possibility to fit the my 3b cats when I have the MOT - test.

Comment

what do you guys think a rs2 ECU with wiring will cost?

Comment

400-500 euro that will be a fair price,but you will need the igniton from it because you have the old system on the 3b,i have got the part numbers for the front pipe and the cats so you can tjek that it´s that right part you buy frontpipe 8a0 253 101ac,cats 8a0 131 089 fx and 8a0 131 089 cx.
              Regards
              RIX

Comment

I just had in mind to buy to buy a map sensor, and not change my computer. I hoped ignition of a 3b will do for a remapped rs2.

What kind of power out, hp/torque, can be expect with the following parts:
                - rs2 em
                - rs2 turbo
                - 3"exhaust system
                - rs2 injectors
                - lager IC then rs2 IC
                - remap of mihnea
                - ITG airfilter
                - no cats

Can the standard rods handle the torque?

kind regards,

erik

Comment

3b ecu will be good i nof,when i spoke to mihnea he said it was possibol for me to get about 360hp and 550nm and my aby engine would hold for that,but don´t if the ignition system you have will give the same,you should tjek if you have the metal headgasket from aby/adu,if not change it ore you will not get much over 300 before it brake´s,there is some differens ´between aby/adu and your 3b,ask audimann(tom) and mihnea
                  Regards
                  RIX

Comment

Erik, your ignition system will be fine for that, tom is running a lot more power than an RS2 setup with no probs with his ignition.
                    Mihnea will supply the correct map sensor when he remaps it.
                    I would recommend changing your rod bearings for RS2 items before running this setup to its limit, 3b's aren't strengthened as much as the aby/adu.
                    Also as RIX says, metal headgasket is a must.

martin

Comment

Yep i wanted to replace the headgasket and I believe you have to replace some bearings. I know that the ignition system is bit different compared to the aby or adu, i dont know how much it can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Erikb
                        Yep i wanted to replace the headgasket and I believe you have to replace some bearings. I know that the ignition system is bit different compared to the aby or adu, i dont know how much it can handle.
                        Like Martin said, your 3B ignition should be fine with RS2 setup.
                        The best thing is to replace both the conrod bearings (drijfstangen) for RS2 items (yellow, yellow/violet)

Cheers
                        RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                        RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                        High Octane website

Comment

What are the costs for the headgaskets and the rs2 conrod bearings.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Erikb
                            What are the costs for the headgaskets and the rs2 conrod bearings.

thanks
                            gasket 'bout 100 euro's, and bearings 40 euro's per set of 5 I thought.
                            RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                            RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                            Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                            High Octane website

Comment

Okee thanks jeffer!!

First I have to collect all RS2 parts and a good SS exhaust. I also saw that you used an interesting IC, where did you get it?, will this be an improvement compared to the "stock" rs2.

Comment

Working...
                              X