s2 fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2 fan

hey guys and gals!my s2 has a little problem!could someone shed some light on the fan that comes on once you turn the engine off?!if i go for a drive,and come back with a warm engine,the fan stays on for approx 5 mins,as does the water pump,if the car comes out my garage and i turn the engine off,still cold,the fan still stays on for over 5 mins as does the water pump!is this normal?!i have replaced the sensor at the bottom of the radiator,and have now taken the relay out of the fusebox,but this means i have no fan whatsoever after i turn the key off!i'm just fed up of having that dreaded flat battery!thanks guys,happy new year,lee.

Lee, the sensor for the after run system is on the water manifold which is under the inlet manifold. There are 2 sensors there, it is the smaller one. Has this been bypassed?
    The fan and water pump should only come on if the engine is hot and stay on for 8 mins.
    Its quite a common problem for the system not to work at all so bypassing it is an easy fix (the 2 connectors on the switch joined together)

martin

Comment

Working...
    X