Problem torque ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem torque ????

Saludaros and first of all deciros that teneis a wonderful forum, to sorry by the way to write but I use a translator......... I write You to see if sabeis that him a Audi S2 ABY can pass to my car.......Tengo of 1994 with 135000 kms (85000 miles) the question is that I took to the bank of power and the result to it fué of 179, 8 KW (244.52 cv) to 5510 rpm and 341.4 3200 Nm to RPM........Tarda much in coming the power not????, DV, N 75 have been put him new valve also is new, the unique filter etc........Lo that I see is an oil spot in the exit of the Intercooler but I do not believe that it is important. Question is that manufacturer says that I must have 169 kw with which already I am satisfied, but also says that I must have 380 Nm in Overboost to 2100 and that is the reason for my preoccupation, that does not have power to few revolutions. Aconsejadme that is what I can review. A greeting PS: The car is basic, does not have reforms.
    Last edited by wastegates; 30 December 2004, 22:27.
    Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
    Barcelona

Nobody answers????' to me; I already know that I write very badly and I request pardon. Carlos.
    Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
    Barcelona

Comment

Sorry but it is really hard to understand for me, maybe one of the english guys can work it
      Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Am I correct in assuming the problem is that peak torque is lower than it should be? 341Nm instead of 380Nm?

My brain isn't working at the moment so can't think of what might cause this but hopefully someone can chip in with some possibilities.

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Have you done a pressure test on the intake system?
          That way you can see if you have any boost leaks. A lot of times that' s the problem of low power.

Here's a pic of the deviece to test it with.
          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1860
          You plug this in the intake boot (where the MAF sits)

Good luck
          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
          RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
          High Octane website

Comment

Originally posted by wastegates
            Saludaros and first of all deciros that teneis a wonderful forum, to sorry by the way to write but I use a translator......... I write You to see if sabeis that him a Audi S2 ABY can pass to my car.......Tengo of 1994 with 135000 kms (85000 miles) the question is that I took to the bank of power and the result to it fué of 179, 8 KW (244.52 cv) to 5510 rpm and 341.4 3200 Nm to RPM........Tarda much in coming the power not????, DV, N 75 have been put him new valve also is new, the unique filter etc........Lo that I see is an oil spot in the exit of the Intercooler but I do not believe that it is important. Question is that manufacturer says that I must have 169 kw with which already I am satisfied, but also says that I must have 380 Nm in Overboost to 2100 and that is the reason for my preoccupation, that does not have power to few revolutions. Aconsejadme that is what I can review. A greeting PS: The car is basic, does not have reforms.
            WTF?
            monkeyboy

Comment

Originally posted by wastegates
              Lo that I see is an oil spot in the exit of the Intercooler but I do not believe that it is important.
              Carlos,

you are right this is not always important, as the standard engine breather system lets a small amount of oil collect in the intercooler over a length of time.........however if you are using or burning oil, it can also be one of the the turbo oil seals too.

I think Jeffer is right, it is best to start with a pressure test first, leaks can occur in a number of places and affect performance.

Happy new year and welcome to the forum

Mark.

P.S. if you take off the intercooler at any time at all, it might be worth washing it out to get rid of any oil inside it too.
              Mark - Modded

Comment

Happy New Year to all...........Gracias to answer, before was proprietor of a S2 3b, and was but fast that the ABY that I have at the moment, was for that reason my preoccupation, the main problem is that the power late arrives...... to.Poner photos sera the best thing. And I repeat thanks to all to answer. Happy New Year 2005
                Attached Files
                Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
                Barcelona

Comment

Sorry
                  Attached Files
                  Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
                  Barcelona

Comment

Y....
                    Attached Files
                    Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
                    Barcelona

Comment

thanks Mark Halligan, Jeffer, monkeyboy, sàvant, Erikb, thanks to all to answer. It was hoping to see if some it commented the grafica to me to see that it seems to him. greetings of Carlos
                      Charles

Audi S2 Coupe ABY 1994
                      Barcelona

Comment

Working...
                      X