X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinging

Hi

1) What is the standard boost pressure on a std s2 3b no chipp

2) If i put a boost tap between the lower hose of the wastegate and adjust the boost to get 0.9 bar i get pinging isn"t the knock sensors supose to get rid of the pining by retarding the timing by a certain amount of degrees?

Thks Chris
    www.cardomin.com/member/745893

Originally posted by Albie S2
    Hi

1) What is the standard boost pressure on a std s2 3b no chipp

2) If i put a boost tap between the lower hose of the wastegate and adjust the boost to get 0.9 bar i get pinging isn"t the knock sensors supose to get rid of the pining by retarding the timing by a certain amount of degrees?

Thks Chris
    Mihnea said some time ago, that 3b motronic is not able to lower the boost when pinging occurs. It can only retard ingition timing to prevent that. If it's not enough, "engine is pinging like church bell", and motronic is not able to do something with this.

Stock 3b should go into overboost error and cut fuel if 0.9 bar is reached. However when I've got mine boost gauges with more precision, it showed, that for example VDO boost gauge "lies" about 0.1-0.15 bar - "upgrading" the boost

Sau
    200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
    CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Then i take it the standard boost on this cars is 0.9 bar,if i remove the boost tap the car boost up to 0.9bar and then drops to 0.5 bar.Fault codes retreive from ecu is 4444 and then it gives me 1111 i cheked all the ground wire 10.14.24 on ecu and is operative.

Comment

1) 0.8

2) If you have decent fuel with more than 95 RON, go ahead. Or should I say you can do that, but it's not really a very good idea overall..
        -

Comment

Standard 3B max boost is 0.8bar as Porkkis says.

You need to run 98RON for best knock resilience on the S2. Even in stock form it will retard timing on 95RON - and therefore perform less well.

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Ok,but is it normal for the s2 if you accel the boost shows 0.8bar and then drop to 0.5 bar and picks up again on 5000rpm?

thks

Comment

No you have a problem with the car, it should peak and then tail off, but not go back up.

If you fit a bleed valve then the ECU isnt controlling the boost to the level it wants too. If the fuelling isnt matched to the boost then it could run a bit lean, which can also cause pinging.
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Cause for such boost could also be a faulty ambient pressure sensor. I guess it should vary more than once per pull, though. More like once per second.
                -

Comment

Working...
                X