Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAS Pump replacing

Hi all,

My pas pump is making a lot of noise, and is really about to die . I found two pumps on ebay.de can someone tell me if I can use these:

PAS 1

PAS 2

They both have different numbers

thanks,

Erik
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

ETKA tells, that 054 145 155 B is used only in A200tq 20v
    can't figure number of second pump (that 100/s2/s4).

Of course there can be mistake, but ETKA gives three numbers of PAS pumps for your car

Don't know what this means, but ir seems, that these part numbers are for refurbished units.

Sau
    Attached Files
    200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
    CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

hmm, thanks Sau.

Someone know if there is a difference between 200tg pas pump and a s2 pump, will it fit?

Comment

Can someone tell me if the following pas pump will fit in my s2 3b,

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW

Comment

Hi all,

Does someone know if there is a gide how to replace the pas pump.

kind regards,

Erik de Bruijn

Comment

Its pretty straightforward... going on memory here -

1. Decativate the bomb with lots of brake pedal pumps (engine off) until pedal goes hard. You MUST do this first or you risk personal injury when loosening high pressure PAS fittings on the pump.

2. Remove trim panel above main radiator.

3. Disconnect PAS line where it meets the cooler hose in front of the radiator - this drains *most* of the fluid out of the system - don't reuse it.

4. Loosen the two high pressure PAS hoses from the pump - you need largeish sockets for these - 22 or 24mm IIRC. Carefully remove the O-rings with these bolts - they should be renewed of course. Prepare for some fluid loss here of course.

5. Loosen the 13mm hinge bracket bolt on PAS pump - nearest engine

6. Loosen the PAS belt tensioner - 13mm again - nearest the radiator side. This is a threaded bar used to position the pump correctly. The pump will lower gradually as you loosen this bolt. Keep going until you can slip the belt off.

7. Remove the hinge bolt where the pump mounts onto the engine - be careful not to drop the inboard nut as you may never see it again !

8. Now you can remove the PAS pump by hand - you'll have to tease the low pressure hose (where it connects to the cooler) through the hole in the ducting under the pump.

That's as much as I can remember ! Refit is reversal or removal... Don't lock the hinge bolt until you have PAS belt properly tensioned... and check the cleanliness of filters in the high pressure banjo bolts.

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Ok, thanks paul you a real help .

Will do it tonight, so I can send it to a mechanical repair centre tomorrow. Told me it would only take them one day to repair. Hope to have it back on saturday or monday.

costs: 210 euro , one year warranty.

Comment

Ok it is out, was quite easy.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Good oh !

Paul
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I think I might have to replace my PAS pump also before too long.
                    When I had the belt off, if you turned the pump by hand it had a very distinct tight spot - this surely cannot be right.
                    Probably explains the odd noises it makes from time to time.
                    Could someone confirm that a nice new pump should turn sweetly with no tight spots.
                    Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
                    Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

i picked up my new one yesterday and it turns very freely with no tight spots at all. there is a bit of end float but i seem to remember reading that this is normal.

If you move the aux rad it makes this job a lot easier and doing the thermostat at the same time is a good idea.

oh, and don't overtighten the pas pump belt as this will wreck the pump, btdt.

Phil

Excited that I might be getting my car back today after 2 weeks driving rubbish mg rover 25 thing

Comment

Originally posted by Phillio
                        i picked up my new one yesterday and it turns very freely with no tight spots at all. there is a bit of end float but i seem to remember reading that this is normal.
                        That is what I thought. Where did you get your new pump & how much did you pay?
                        Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
                        Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

Hi All

By coincidence, again, my pas pump too has just started making strange noises! Is wear on the pump related to age of car, or number of turns completed !!!!
                          A long while back car had incorrect fluid in it, courtesy of local garage, how much would this have contributed to pump failure?
                          Regards
                          Ian
                          '91 3B Coupe

Comment

If your petrol car sounds like a diesel it is the PAS pump.
                            Had this on my urS4.
                            Tip: put a magnet in the reservoir and it will collect all the metal chips, else the new installed pump will also be damaged.
                            S4 Rider

Comment

Erik how is it going with Navi Plus build in project ?
                              S4 Rider

Comment

Working...
                              X