overheating on idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheating on idle

Hi Guy's, I have a problem with the cooling system. The fan (stage 2 en 3) wasn't kicking in on idle. While drivin I don't have that high temperatures. I checked de fan by using a wire an connected the pins on the thermoswitch. Fan is working properly. So replaced the thermoswitch but nothing changed. Checked both (old en new) switches in boiling water and they where fine. So the temperature under in the rad is lower then it schould be. I also notice the difference in temperature between the lower en higher hoses on the rad. The systems is bled like it schould be. What could be the problem? Blocked ar partially blocked radiator?

hi bart
    as long as the thermostat remains closed, it is normal that there is temperature difference between the upper and lower radiator hose
    do you have change the thermostat? maybe he does not open........
    you can always call me
    cheers
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

The thermostat is changed 2 years ago. While driving driving the temperature stays good like it schould be. But maybe he isn't opening far enoufh. Maybe it's worth to check that. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I'm in the same boat with my urs right now. I'm gonna replace the sensor at the bottom of the rad and see if that gets the fan to kick in.

Comment

I found the problem. First I checked the thermostat but it seems okey. Then I removed the rad and try to get some water true it. It wasn't flowing. Also in the opposite direction I couldn't get any water true the rad. Apparently the small radiator in front was good enoufh to cool the engine down a bit wihile driving during the winter. I hope the engine (espacially the head gasket) is still good after a few overheating moments

Comment

Working...
          X