Pressure test (an other one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure test (an other one)

As soon as I come to 0,5 bar perssure I can here some liquide (gloup gloup) noise in the engine.
    I don't know if it's water or oil.
    The noise is kind of loud like if some liquid was dropping from top of engine to bottom.
    Is it normal???

Thanks Fabien
    RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

yeah i get this too, pretty sure it is oil but not sure where/why.
    Ragusa Coupe gone!
    sigpic
    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

As long as the breather is blocked and the bungs are in place the only way to get a gurgling noise in the sump is the turbo seals, air is forced past the seals and goes down the oil and water lines, the oil return must be the only place the sump will gurgle, as the air will find the easiest way out. Mine done this and i know my turbo is on the way south.
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Graham
        As long as the breather is blocked and the bungs are in place the only way to get a gurgling noise in the sump is the turbo seals, air is forced past the seals and goes down the oil and water lines, the oil return must be the only place the sump will gurgle, as the air will find the easiest way out. Mine done this and i know my turbo is on the way south.

I was thinking at the time it might be turbo seals as they are there to hold oil in not air out so not too concerned. they dont usually have to cope with pressurised inlet too.
        Ragusa Coupe gone!
        sigpic

Comment

Yep - mine does the same - its turbo oil seals.... comes with age and wear n tear on the turbo I'm afraid.

I was *very* disappointed while pressure testing Jim's car that his turbo (half the miles of mine) hardly leaked at all.

My turbo definitely needs reco'd - so does the WG - Jim's was pretty darn near airtight as well. Oh well - I'll just have to do it...

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Must admit i was gob smacked my car was air tight straight away, held 1.4 bar with not a hiss!! Testiment to the Samco hoses and the Mark H Intercooler mod.

We tested S2Ant's and it was coming past the O-ring with an almighty hiss.

Something to do before the rolling road if you coming Ant!

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
              Yep - mine does the same - its turbo oil seals.... comes with age and wear n tear on the turbo I'm afraid.

I was *very* disappointed while pressure testing Jim's car that his turbo (half the miles of mine) hardly leaked at all.

My turbo definitely needs reco'd - so does the WG - Jim's was pretty darn near airtight as well. Oh well - I'll just have to do it...

Paul

My car has only done 70,000 miles should the turbo be dying so soon? What should i expect out of a turbo?
              Ragusa Coupe gone!
              sigpic

Comment

Mileage isn't the only factor - if you cane it more often then it will wear out sooner.

I'd say that 100k miles is a good indicator for how long to expect a K24 to run before needing some surgery.

Paul
                Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Looks like a turbo upgrade in about 15k then, what was that about hybrids............
                  Ragusa Coupe gone!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net

Paul

How do you rcondition WG mine is leaking like hell to the EM

Fabien
                    RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Don't know yet - there must be some kind of stupid seal on the WG shaft that leaks eventually... or maybe its due to carbon build up on the valve itself.

Paul
                      Paul Nugent

Comment

Will be changing my O-Ring for the MarkH mod this week, so hopefully means full boost Also should decrease my cars thirst a bit ( I Hope)
                        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Yeah Ant, but do another leak test after the O-ring mod - just to see how your turbo and WG seals are holding up !

Paul
                          Paul Nugent

Comment

Yes do that if you are wanting it chipped next week!!! Would be good not to have to strip it down in my drive!!!
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

LOL, i will have it as ready as i possibly can, will check everything i can. Im doing the O-Ring thursday and should be seeing Greg Thursday too, so hopefully pressure test again.

Fear not
                              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                              X