No announcement yet.

Help understanding compression test results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if pcv system is clogged then the crankcase pressure will cayse the turbo seals to fail explaining the white grey smoke which also leads to heavy oil useage.
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Out of curiosity, what grade of oil is in the car just now?

Comment

Car has 10/40 in it. entire pcv system is new, air filter is new, injectors have been cleaned, tested and serviced on a ASNU machine.
        will check for fresh leaks, but im possitive the only one is a drip from the rear main seal, which had stopped because the oil level got so low,
        i think my next step is to check turbo piping and intercooler for oil, intercooler was cleaned before being fitted so should be a good indication if theres alot of oil in there, for the moment the car has 10/60 in it up to about 3/4 mark as its all i had off hand. when oil cap is removed with engine hot or cold there isnt any real blowby, so i suspect that the pcv system is working as it should,
        1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

Checked the michelin man hose for oil and its bone dry, so i dont suspect the turbo

heres a video clip of how bad it is sorry for poor quality iphone video,
          engine a 1500 rpm
          https://youtu.be/wn2AhpUCe7A

Comment

most of the time the bad turbo seals happens on hot side not cold side.
            if you suspect the turbo is burning oil,you need to pull it off but you're gonna see the
            oil deposits in the exhaust manifold whilst removing.
            one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by stocious View Post
              Checked the michelin man hose for oil and its bone dry, so i dont suspect the turbo

heres a video clip of how bad it is sorry for poor quality iphone video,
              engine a 1500 rpm
              https://youtu.be/wn2AhpUCe7A
              That does not look as oil,as good as it can be seen on youtube.
              Is there water on the ground?
              Oil burned does not blend so fast into air.

Comment

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
                That does not look as oil,as good as it can be seen on youtube. Is there water on the ground? Oil burned does not blend so fast into air.
                I just watched the video and it seemed more like water/coolant vapour to me, not oil. Too white/not blue enough to be oil in my opinion.

Head gasket issue? Turbo coolant issue? Cracked turbo center section leaking coolant (and maybe oil)?

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Sniff test next, see what the outcome is

Comment

Working...
                  X