Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TFSI Coil Conversion - Fitting Guide ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFSI Coil Conversion - Fitting Guide ???

Hi Guys,

Stupid question I know but is there any guide to during up the tfsi coils on my RS2 ?? Have all new loom and coils but there are 5 coils and only 4 connectors and notice they are not the same....... Doooh ???

Paul

Originally posted by RS2junkie View Post
    Hi Guys,

Stupid question I know but is there any guide to during up the tfsi coils on my RS2 ?? Have all new loom and coils but there are 5 coils and only 4 connectors and notice they are not the same....... Doooh ???

Paul
    Hi Paul there's two ignition amplifiers connections behind strut brace which you use I think as you no longer use them when converting to tfsi coils I'm going to remove loom from my car this afternoon I can send pictures if you pm me your email address

Comment

Mac,

Yes please...

paulbarbour43@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks

PAUL

Comment

POS wiring related to 1.8T or TFSI coilpack conversions

Originally posted by RS2junkie View Post
        Hi Guys, Stupid question I know but is there any guide to during up the tfsi coils on my RS2 ?? Have all new loom and coils but there are 5 coils and only 4 connectors and notice they are not the same....... Doooh ??? Paul
        Wow.

The two big connectors go to where the harness connected to the POSs (the black and brown things with four pins on one end and 3 pins on the other). They go into the harness connectors with the four female connector pin slots. The two smaller connectors are the coil power connectors and they go to what should be two white three pin connectors at the connector rack on the fire wall.

There should also be one or two eyelet-ended wires. These are the grounds. One to the end bolt on the cam cover, the other two the intake manifold where there are other brown wires connected.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Knew it was a stupid question !

Thanks for the info, everything I need.

Thanks

P

Comment

This could be useful:
            http://www.034motorsport.com/softwar...stallation.pdf

Comment

Remember everyone has to learn Dave.

Even you.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                Remember everyone has to learn Dave.
                Even you. Everyone has to start somewhere.
                Sure but this 1.8T/TFSI coil pack conversion has been around as a DIY since the fall of 2005, i.e. 10 years, when I did the first write-up of the first such (known) conversion that totally eliminated the 351A POSs.

Oct. 3, 2005 DIY:
                http://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi.../#post18808309

By now there is enough info out there that the OP should NOT have had to ask the question, just Googling should have turned up the answer.

IMO.

Comment

Slightly out of topic, did this kit worth to get? Sounds a lot of money but it saves a hassle to get the parts plus make it high output..
                  RS2 >> Ferrari: Performance/look ratio

Comment

Originally posted by pcfnet View Post
                    Slightly out of topic, did this kit worth to get? Sounds a lot of money but it saves a hassle to get the parts plus make it high output..
                    The OE POS and coil system is better than these 1.8T and TFSI (and 4.2L V8) coil packs. It is just a matter of cost. You with an RS2, I would definitely suggest that you stay with the OE system even if it means replacing both POSs and the Five OE style coils. In you case, it would be an investment in the future value of the RS2. The 1.8T/TFSI coils would decrease the value of an RS2.

IMO

Comment

Maybe you are right, this is something I'm thinking of as well. Forgot to post the link of the 034 high output coil kit

http://store.034motorsport.com/aan-h...t-plug-in.html

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                      The OE POS and coil system is better than these 1.8T and TFSI (and 4.2L V8) coil packs. It is just a matter of cost. You with an RS2, I would definitely suggest that you stay with the OE system even if it means replacing both POSs and the Five OE style coils. In you case, it would be an investment in the future value of the RS2. The 1.8T/TFSI coils would decrease the value of an RS2.

IMO
                      RS2 >> Ferrari: Performance/look ratio

Comment

Originally posted by pcfnet View Post
                        Maybe you are right, this is something I'm thinking of as well. Forgot to post the link of the 034 high output coil kit
                        The 034 HO coil kit has been out since around 2007. It's good but no unfailable. Initially the guaranteed the coils for lifetime - that is until the started to fail more regularly than 034 initially thought. While I have reasonably conclusive evidence that their "exclusive" coils are really Mercury Outboard boat engine coils, 034 denies that. They also are the "only" provider of their coils. (Unless you want to try Mercury).

A better alternative might be EFI Expresses GM LS2 V8 coils in a kit for the AAN/ABY and ADU. These coils are more readily available and are relatively in expensive. Both the 034 and EFI Express LS2 coil kits allow you to run the OE "20V turbo" coil pack plate over the wires (with the OE coils removed). (Photo shows Aaron's CF coil pack cover).

EFI Express: http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/pr...products_id=18

Comment

Working...
                        X