Engine Problem Maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Problem Maybe?

Hallo people, lately i have noticed that sometimes my car makes a Klackering - Slapting noice ind the idle and low RPM! It does not make this sound all the time! When it makes this sound it come and goes in a Wave like pattern! Like something is stimulating with the engine ect! I have tryed to record it with the Mobile phone but the sound quality is awfull and the overall engine noice big!

I was holding the microphone right up from the motor! (The engine sound not so bad like on these sound files but if you listen carefully you will hear the sound that comes and goes!

I think maybe is it the Hydraulic valve thing but i dont know!

If you could help me i would be very helpful!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Billman; 10 March 2005, 18:58.
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Mine sounded about the same, it was the pas pump. I would check the fluid in your pas pump, maybe it is low. Otherwise I would get the belt off and check if the noise is still there.
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Do you mean this howling sound? I think that this is maybe the PAS pump but this is not bothering me very much! If you listen carefully mainly in The sound1.wav file then you can hear behind all the sounds a klak klak klak. ... .... ... klak klak klak klak

something like this
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Yep - sounds like PAS pump to me in those WAV files.
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Yes but except this sound constant howling like sound there is a klackering ratling sound that comes and goes! Can you hear it? It is better in the sound1.wav file!

For the pas pump should i untighten a bit the belt?

Thanks for your help!
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Remove the aux belts and try again.
            -

Comment

Do you think the klacker sound comes from the PAS pump too? As far i can trace it , it is a bit louder on the back of the engine!
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

As I said. Easy way to find out.
                -

Comment

I thought the same, that the sound came from the engine. I got the bumper, crossmember everything off, till the drive belt. Even bought all the parts again, waterpump, all the belts, guidening role etc. When I took the pas pump belt off, i thought lets start the engine, the sound was completely gone. Also a really nasty tikking sound.
                  Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

I think i maybe try tomorrow to untighten the PAS pump belt a little (I think it is easy) and see what happens!

Greetings
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Hi Billman when you take belt off and if the noise is still there take socket off injectors one by one when running car so you can test to see if the injector is making the noise,when they go the sound is like tapping,when you are doing this if it is tappet it will go quieter,

Check Spark plugs are tight as well if they go lose you can get the same noise

Cheers
                      93 S2 Avant Parting
                      91 URQ RR
                      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Thanks will try this too!
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I have traced the sound! It comes from a blue valve with a blue socket that sits at the back of the engine! When i pull the socket off the sound stops! I have hit this valve with a small hammer and the sound stoped! So today no klak klak a all!!!
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

That's the way to do it!

It should klick.

Now remember all. Electrics should be repaired by hammering even if they're not broken!
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                              That's the way to do it!

It should klick.

Now remember all. Electrics should be repaired by hammering even if they're not broken!
                              94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Working...
                              X