tial waste gate cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tial waste gate cooling

i have a tial 44mm waste gate and want to connect the water cooling from turbo to the waste gate
    what is the best option?
    connect the waste gate hoses parallel to the inlet and outlet hose from the turbo?
    or put the waste gate cooling hoses in series with one of the turbo water hoses?
    why cooling? i think my tial waste gate is getting to hot because the color is gone and especially since my boost hose connection has already come three times loose,i mean the banjo bolt,it's like the koper or aluminium seal between the banjo is getting thinner by the temp.
    what do you think guy's?
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

I use water cooling on my Tial but the color has changed anyway, but no problems with the banjos. I run only WG cooling, no cooling for the turbo.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

so you are using the origional turbo water hoses for your waste gate than?
      the easiest way for me is to interrupt the return hose from the turbo and place the waste gate cooling in series between the hoses but the diameter from the waste gate hose is smaler than the turbo hose so i dont know if this can hurt for the turbo cooling
      AEM W/M injection

Comment

I put wg between the radiator and the coolant reservoir (expansion tank).

The ports inside the wastegate are really small. And after You shut down the engine, it is typical for the water to boil in the wastegate for a while, as coolant doesn't flow.
        Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

Also if you have a after run pump?
          AEM W/M injection

Comment

I am not sure if afterrun pump would make the water flow a whole lot in the line between the reservoir and the radiator.
            Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
              the easiest way for me is to interrupt the return hose from the turbo and place the waste gate cooling in series between the hoses but the diameter from the waste gate hose is smaller than the turbo hose so I don't know if this can hurt for the turbo cooling
              this way would be easiest but yes, what about turbo cooling .. the same question remains if to put it in series before turbo ....

Originally posted by repo View Post
              I put wg between the radiator and the coolant reservoir (expansion tank).
              The ports inside the wastegate are really small. And after You shut down the engine, it is typical for the water to boil in the wastegate for a while, as coolant doesn't flow.
              this option sounds properly but lines for cooling from one side of the car to another .... hmmmmmm.....

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
              I have connect the water hoses from waste gate parallel on to the turbo cooling hoses
              https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...85#post1283285

so this option seems most convenient ? Any opinions ?

Comment

I haven't bothered to connect the water cooling on mine and it seems ok so far.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

Everyone is free to make his choice
                  I want to have it connected.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X