Time for a change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a change

I've had my car off the road for a bit as it was looking a bit scrappy and now I'm starting to sort it out, while I am I got to thinking it was maybe time to get a bit more power out of it.
    I have been running 390hp on a Wagner evo kkk manifold setup and does anyone know what turbo is available that will fit this manifold that I can get more power from and still keep oem airbox, also any choices that would mean removal of the airbox? Cheers!

i think you have not many choice with kkk flange or you must adapt a bigger turbo with modified kkk exhaust housing
    you can always use a adapter from kkk to t3 flange so you have more options
    i believe a gt3071r is the biggest turbo you can use with rs2 airbox but i'm not sure
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

Speak to Craig at TDi Turbos he will build you a 3071 hybrid with a KKK hotside that will do 450+
      Or there is plenty of K26/27 hybrids about which will do similar. Albert was selling some, also Vidar does them too I think
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Just my 2p worth and a thought. Be careful wishing for more power. Apart from being expensive, more paper power does not equate to more usable power. Bigger turbo will introduce more lag. BTDT unfortunately.
        If you are determined though (i know what it's like once you have that thought in your head) a turbo, a few on here have used to good effect is MD357 from turbo dynamics (400-450bhp). If not mistaken, that comes in kkk guise. HTH
        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pointers, after a little more thought I got to thinking about how much more power I could get out of the original turbo setup if I changed my rods and lowered the compression. I am after torque more than hp as it is a road car.

Comment

What turbo do you have now?
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Pardon my daftness but can the rods be done without removing the engine?

Comment

Yes, head off, front subframe off, sump off.

You can pull the engine out fairly quickly though.
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Garrett 3076/82 KKK

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                  i think you have not many choice with kkk flange or you must adapt a bigger turbo with modified kkk exhaust housing
                  you can always use a adapter from kkk to t3 flange so you have more options
                  i believe a gt3071r is the biggest turbo you can use with rs2 airbox but i'm not sure
                  Audi Rs2
                  Audi A3 Sportback
                  Ducati 1098R

Comment

I dont know what the turbo is exactly but here are the details, maybe someone will spot it.

5326-101-5160

v.t 109-6
                    Attached Files

Comment

Getting the head off is the real PITA. Putting it back on is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by bernsaudi View Post
                        I dont know what the turbo is exactly but here are the details, maybe someone will spot it.

5326-101-5160

v.t 109-6
                        rs2 k24-7200

Comment

http://www.bufkinengineering.com/sportquattroturbo.htm
                          Having just found this page, is it RS2 Comp? What can I push this turbo to?
                          Cheers!

Comment

It's on the limit now.. Not getting more power out of it..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X