Oil pressure gauge for s6 c4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure gauge for s6 c4

Need help with wiring diagrams for the s6 and s4 dash to connect wiring from oil presssure sender to s6 dash.

THX!!!!!

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
    Need help with wiring diagrams for the s6 and s4 dash to connect wiring from oil presssure sender to s6 dash. THX!!!!!
    Umm... the UrS6 instrument cluster does not have an oil pressure gauge and retrofitting one is not easy because the three auxilliary gauges are not separate items, they are mounted to a printed circuit board.

Some info here: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/96161.phtml
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I've fitted the S6 cluster to my S4. Got rid of the clock and swapped in the pressure gauge from S4 cluster.

If you take off the circuit board you'll see 6 wires connected to it and they are numbered. You need the 31 and 15. Between the 15 and the gauge you need to solder in a 68 Ohm resistance.

The middle is the 31 (ground), bottom one is 15 (ignition) and the top one is the signal from the sender.

It's actually not hard to install it. You'll have to drill the center hole for the gauge through the board. The contacts in the way are for the clock and therefore not needed.

This is how my board looked, not pretty, but very functional (note that you can't solder the top wire like in the picture, the contact is used for other things and messes up the sender signal, i made the connection outside the cluster for that afterwards).

This is how it looked in the end:

Note that S4 gauges are orange and S6 are more reddish. I just fitted red LED's for all of them so the colors match.

The swap is a piece of cake if you can get an Audi 200 cluster, which has the auxiliary gauges, you just swap the circuit boards and gauges around, and you're good to go.
      Last edited by RichLV; 10 January 2016, 21:42.

Comment

Thx for reply.
        The instrument cluster is s6 one.The aux gauges the owner fitted is audi s4.All 3 gauges as a set.Now i need to wire all to get them working.That is why i needed the cluster wiring to see where the s4 aux gets the pressure input and compare the rest to understand and check all wiring inside the dash.

Comment

The brown-black wire is running directly from the pressure sender to the dash connection (a 4-pin connector with only 2 wires) at the auxiliaries on my UrS4 at least. Temp and pressure senders get their signals separately from the red and green cluster connectors.

Comment

So just i need to do,is fit the sender on the block and get a wire to the dash.

Comment

So just i need to do,is fit the sender on the block and get a wire to the dash.
              Yep, wire the rest of the gauge as you can see on my pics.

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
                The swap is a piece of cake if you can get an Audi 200 cluster, which has the auxiliary gauges, you just swap the circuit boards and gauges around, and you're good to go.
                Not true IMO. Not plug and play. Been there, tried that. IF you know more, please share. I would like to finish that project once I can do things again (still in surgery recovery mode)

Previous failure: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/307449.phtml

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  Not true IMO. Not plug and play. Been there, tried that. IF you know more, please share. I would like to finish that project once I can do things again (still in surgery recovery mode)

Previous failure: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/307449.phtml
                  I haven't done it, some other guys here did, that was what I heard, a straight swap. I'm planning to do it, since my board doesn't look too good.

Comment

I haven't done it, some other guys here did, that was what I heard, a straight swap.
                    Trust me it isn't a straight swap. However, if somebody who has done it wants to school me on how to do it, I would be very thankful.

Comment

Trust me it isn't a straight swap. However, if somebody who has done it wants to school me on how to do it, I would be very thankful.

I'll give it a shot when I get the 200 cluster.

Comment

I'll give it a shot when I get the 200 cluster.
                        Here is some more info, documenting my experience with this potential swap:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/307095.phtml

Comment

Some cutting, drilling and soldering required. I've done this using 200 circuit board but sadly didn't took any pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post

Some cutting, drilling and soldering required. I've done this using 200 circuit board but sadly didn't took any pictures.
                            Or unfortunately document the wiring changes required.

Comment

Need help with wiring diagrams for the s6 and s4 dash to connect wiring from oil presssure sender to s6 dash.THX!!!!!

Where the 4 pin connector is shown here with its two wires, BK/W and BK/Brn

Comment

Working...
                              X