Max power on 98 octane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max power on 98 octane

Hello, i was just wondering how much power people have reached with pump gas 98 octane. I'm just curious as i'm running my s4 with AAN engine on 98 octane.
    My results this summer was 461hp/542nm in engine at 2bar with Precision turbo 58/58.
    Building a new ported head with 7a cams/bigger valves now and hoping to get more out of it, still on 98 octane.

So put some info in on your builds with 98 octane
    Last edited by s0_big; 1 February 2016, 17:54.

I run mine on petrol and use shell v-power that is 99-102 octane and I run over 800hp 1/4 mile.I did 9.75@137mph but had and 144mph on finish some times.My tiunner say that we have very good petrol here in uk,but we don't have e85
    2016 I plans reach 1000hp but we will try also e85, race fuel and shell v-power mixed with race fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Biturbo View Post
      I run mine on petrol and use shell v-power that is 99-102 octane and I run over 800hp 1/4 mile.I did 9.75@137mph but had and 144mph on finish some times.My tiunner say that we have very good petrol here in uk,but we don't have e85
      2016 I plans reach 1000hp but we will try also e85, race fuel and shell v-power mixed with race fuel.
      Okey, thats impressive. Unfortunately we don't have this high octane fuels at the gasstation here in Sweden 98 is the highest. What have you done to the engine? (head/cams/turbo etc) What boost are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by s0_big View Post
        Okey, thats impressive. Unfortunately we don't have this high octane fuels at the gasstation here in Sweden 98 is the highest. What have you done to the engine? (head/cams/turbo etc) What boost are you running?
        I done everything :-D
        Full forget bottom,head ported,ferrera valves fcp valve srpings and retains,solid lifters,custom cat cams.Hybrid holset turbo (compresor wheel 67mm,hot single scroll) Dry sump now run 9700 rpm.Dyno 2.3bar 834hp and slip clutch so we not finished maping on dyno.Now running 2.4bar.Water/methanol injection and ready for nitrous.Car weight 1258kg including driver

Comment

Full forget bottom,head ported,ferrera valves fcp valve srpings and retains,solid lifters,custom cat cams.Hybrid holset turbo (compresor wheel 67mm,hot single scroll) Dry sump now run 9700 rpm.Dyno 2.3bar 834hp and slip clutch so we not finished maping on dyno.Now running 2.4bar.Water/methanol injection and ready for nitrous.Car weight 1258kg including driver
          Thats impressive. Makes my car look like stock... Nice build

Comment

You can use 98+toluol.
            With 40l 98+ 5l toluol you also get a very good result [emoji6].

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
              You can use 98+toluol.
              With 40l 98+ 5l toluol you also get a very good result [emoji6].

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk
              Just being devil's advocate, your not actually using just 98 when adding methanol, water or toluol.

I also add 20 percent methanol to the tank
              The ONLY S2 Golf!
              http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
              10.42@138mph
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Originally posted by gnutz2 View Post
                Just being devil's advocate, your not actually using just 98 when adding methanol, water or toluol.

I also add 20 percent methanol to the tank
                Do you use a flex fuel sensor or?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                  Do you use a flex fuel sensor or?

No, I've tuned the car for m20.

Although people on the dta forum are reporting the fuel flex ethanol sensors are working with methanol.
                  The ONLY S2 Golf!
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                  10.42@138mph
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

That's good to know as I have a source for methanol...

Comment

I'd like to know more about mixing toluene in fuel. 98RON is equivalent to 91 here. We have 94 at the pumps at some vendors. It would be nice to end up with fuel equivalent to e85.
                      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                      2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                      2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                      1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                      1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Toluene calcuations.

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                        I'd like to know more about mixing toluene in fuel. 98RON is equivalent to 91 here. We have 94 at the pumps at some vendors. It would be nice to end up with fuel equivalent to e85.
                        I have personally used toluene in my RS2's 93 UrS4. I was running some very aggressive software and the toluene was necessary to keep the pinging at bay. To 3/4 tank of 94 ((RON+MON)/2)I added 9L of toluene, i.e. half of a 18L (5 US gal) pail from a paint store. Then I topped up with 94 again. I took it to be 71 L at 94 at 9L at 114 for an average of 96.25. It helped. Toluene got too expensive to do that regularly so I switched to less agressive MRC Stage 3 software. Been running that since.

Info on toluene: http://12v.org/urs/charlie_smith/toluene/index.htm
                        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
                        X