gearbox upgrade 200 20v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox upgrade 200 20v

hey guys. ive been looking for a gearbox upgrade for my audi 200 20v. some stronger gears to withstand a substantial amount of horsepower. im going to run around 700 / 800 bhp on e85. i havent found gearbox upgrade gears for my speed stock 200 20v tranny. (i think its 01E ? ) anyone have any tips or is there a factory 6 speed gearbox that can fit without heavy mods ?

i believe the strongest 01e gearbox is one of an rs4 b5 typ(380hp) code FDP
    many guys also use the s4 b5(265hp) gearbox code DSY
    i have driven with 500hp and a urs4 gearbox (code CBL) without problems but i never make hard launches on the road
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

016 Workshop Manual

Originally posted by Jimmaey View Post
      i havent found gearbox upgrade gears for my speed stock 200 20v tranny. (i think its 01E ? ) anyone have any tips or is there a factory 6 speed gearbox that can fit without heavy mods ?
      A US bound 1991 200 20VT was equipped with a 5 spd ADZ transmission. The ADZ was a 016 not 01E.

You might be interested in this: http://www.t85q.com/Audi100_GboxManual.html

016 shift knob/pattern:

01E shift pattern/knob:
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Interesting!! I have 01E gearbox i want to use in my 200... But the supports will be the chalenge. I will fabricate them...if there are other alternatives... Please let me know.
        Goodluck!
        Eugen
        Ahhh... About gear shift lever... I bought the 6 speed V8 lever with brackrt.. Etc. New from Audi.

Comment

You will need drive axel custom 1cm longer dont remember exactly which side, and longer axel between gearbox and rear diff or about 2cm insert between gearbox and axel sory for bad english

Comment

Originally posted by as2nerka View Post
            You will need drive axel custom 1cm longer dont remember exactly which side, and longer axel between gearbox and rear diff or about 2cm insert between gearbox and axel sory for bad english
            About driveshafts... Yes. But the propshaft lenght is the same. The boxes are the same lenght.

Comment

in my car have spacer maybe becouse it have custom gearbox and engine mounts

Comment

Originally posted by as2nerka View Post
                in my car have spacer maybe becouse it have custom gearbox and engine mounts
                Sry to hijack the thread!! Yours is 200?
                As the S4 had that spacer for the dualmass fly... That will be 2cm more...

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
                  About driveshafts... Yes. But the propshaft lenght is the same. The boxes are the same lenght.

not on my car
                  20vt with urs4 01e box in b2 chassis,i use the origional propshaft with a spacer,01e 6speed is shorter than 016 gearbox 5speed
                  AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
                    As the S4 had that spacer for the dualmass fly... That will be 2cm more...
                    Which S4 are you referring to? Not the C4 S4/S6.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                      not on my car
                      20vt with urs4 01e box in b2 chassis,i use the origional propshaft with a spacer,01e 6speed is shorter than 016 gearbox 5speed
                      Hmmm!!! Not good then!!!
                      This evening i will measure both. The 200 20v one and the 01E.
                      Thank you for info!!

Comment

AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmaey View Post
                          hey guys. ive been looking for a gearbox upgrade for my audi 200 20v. some stronger gears to withstand a substantial amount of horsepower. im going to run around 700 / 800 bhp on e85. i havent found gearbox upgrade gears for my speed stock 200 20v tranny. (i think its 01E ? ) anyone have any tips or is there a factory 6 speed gearbox that can fit without heavy mods ?
                          What i found during my searches.... The driveshafts on 200 are equal lenght left and right.
                          On 016 6 speed V8 are 1 shorter and 1 longer but, the added lenght is the pretty much the same.... Is like the 01E box has the front diff moved sideways few cm as the 016 box.
                          I will make all the propper measurements with both boxes next to eachother.
                          The lenght issue does concern me...

Comment

You are right!
                            The 6 speed box is shorter with aprox 2cm.
                            Not good....
                            Custom mounts, propshaft spacer...

Comment

just take from audi s4 2.7biturbos engine and gearbox spacer it have originaly and cost cheap

Comment

Working...
                              X