Coil pack help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil pack help please!

Hey guys, moving the s2 over to new style coil packs. New loom and packs in but she won't fire, double and triple checked everything but all good.
    Before checking our cam sensors et I stuck the old one back in, fires first turn of the key.

I have the 2.0 red coils with metal bodies and my gut tells me they're not seating correctly. Any experience, ideas etc...?

Many thanks

Al

Coil pack and POS wiring diagrams

Did you attach both grounds of the new harness to the appropriate points (back of the cam cover and the intake manifold).

Did you install the harness connectors correctly? It is possible that you swapped them.

Should be based on these diagrams:

Your old POS wiring diagram to figure out the ECU harness colours for 1-3 and 4-5 (pull the boots back):

1.8T coil pack wiring for an AAN (make the required ABY translations):

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Cheers fella. For quickness.... Will it do any harm if i try swapping the plugs? Bothe the brown black? Anc the two white? Just incase...... Although ive checked all thd pins etc....

Comment

Just figure out how the connectors are supposed to work. You don't even need the wire colours. Just count up to 4 in one connector and 2 or 3 in the other and match them to the ECU harness plugs properly.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
        X