Nissen radiators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissen radiators

I just bought a Nissen replacement radiator off Ebay Germany. Price was OK. 145€ including freight. But the thing arrived twisted and squashed. See the pics. I am sending it back.

I have dug around Nissen's homepage, read the archives and crosschecked with ETKA. Here's what I found.

The original radiator on my car is a Behr. It looks like the top and bottom sections are plastic or atleast the cover is plastic. The Nissen has copper top and bottom sections. You can see it in the pic where the paint is smashed off. The Nissen model that corresponds to the original S2 radiator is 60442.

If you have/want to remove the Aux radiator you can buy the Nissen 60441. The 60441 doesn't have the extra inlet up at the top for the Aux rad connection. You can also buy the VAG rubber tube 893 121 055B which also lacks the extra Aux rad connection.
    Attached Files

Pic of twisted radiator.
    Attached Files

Comment

I think the general consensus is that the nissen rads are pretty crap and dont even last that long when new. Jamo got a good price on a Behr rad from german and swedish here in the UK, cant remember what price though.

That does look pretty bent though Rich.

Comment

Nissen is Danish. I wrote to their QA department in Denmark just ot show them how their products arrive to the customer. They were nice and responsive but I will of course have to go through proper channels to the German seller directly.

From now on, they only stuff I will buy from Ebay will be small, light, impossible to misrepresent and indestructible

Comment

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

The Behr rad is the same price as the Nissen but the BEhr rad is the OEM rad installed.

part number Behr Number 2108408

Price is roughly around £110-120 pounds from GSF

Comment

I have had both those Nissen radiators, with and without the top outlet - both have failed on me. Just waiting for the third one to fail now.
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
              part number Behr Number 2108408

Price is roughly around £110-120 pounds from GSF
              Is that for the S2 type rad? I want the one for the NG, NM, 7A without the extra connection.

Comment

O.K just got of the Phone to mate at GSF

The 7A version is more expensive at 117 + vat its Behr part number 2108402 GSF part number 17354
                The S2 with aux rad output is 98.50 + Vat Behr part number 2108408 GSF part number 17355

Hope this lot helps

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks.

Comment

No probs

Comment

I have bought also an Nissen with metall ends! Hope it last longer than the Plastik behr that cracked on the relief screw!

@Mark
                      Did you have also the nissen with metall ends?
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I have had two of these Nissen jobbies...They are nasty indeed. Send it back and ask for your money back. Mine leaks even though it's been fixed three times!
                        91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Just to even the score a tiny bit: I fitted a Nissen rad 8 months ago, works fine and no leaks.
                          Cheers,

Leif-Helge
                          Leif-Helge
                          -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
                          -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

My friend has the nissen s2 type. It lasted about 2 years and now leaks from 3 different spots and is waiting to be renewed.

OEM rad ends are plastic indeed. The downside is that the plastic can crack if the bleeder is over tightened or same with the hoses.
                            -

Comment

Does that 7A version (Behr 2108402) fit in aircon equipped cars?

IIRC, the aircon condenser is mounted to the main radiator.
                              Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

Working...
                              X