Accelerator sticking!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator sticking!!

Has anyone ever had this happen? Mine is consistently sticking on at WOT!

I assumed it would be cable related but I can only get it to do it while driving. Wondered if it could be the TPS but thought I'd see what everyone's thoughts were before making any changes.

check the little cap at the end of the throttle cable has not come loose.Had this on mine and got stuck at full throttle.
    Other than that it could be the throttle body or the cable itself
    Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
    Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
    Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

TPS does not control acceleration in this car. It only reports position. Something is wrong with your pedal or your throttle cable.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Check the cable itself, it has a pvc sleeve on it which cracks and might be getting hung up. Also check the pulley on the pedal box
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yes, check the clip that holds the cable to the throttle cam. It can break away and cause this, bloody frightening too!
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Cheers for the ideas guys, it was cable related. Fixed now.

Comment

Hey guys
              I have a similar problem...
              So accelerator / throttle pedal get's stuck when pushing it down over like 80%.
              But it only happens if motor is running and revolutions are over 3000-3500!
              Side fact:
              1) When the ca is turned off I can only feel very light resistance in the accelerator when pushing down.
              2) When driving with +/- 2000 revs and I do a kick down it's hard to feel any resistance in the pedal BUT
              3) when revs are at 3000-3500 and a I do a quick kick down there is a) a great resistance in the last 20% of the throttle position and b) the pedal gets stuck if pushed down below that resistance!

So I escaped that situation now twice by pulling the pedal back with my foot!

Strange thing is: No obvious problem with the pedal itself, cable is moving smoothly and I can't feel any resistance when turning directly on the throttle valve (motor off)! :/

I would be very thankfull if you could share your thoughts! thanks

Comment

Is it a standard setup? I have a reverse IM and my problem was due to the throttle cable sheathing slipping where it is held onto the inlet manifold. Worth checking.

Comment

I took the floor attached pedal off after it stuck on in 2nd gear. I near enough laid an egg!

Comment

Working...
                  X