No fuel delivery . Fuel pump faulty ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fuel delivery . Fuel pump faulty ?

So I finally finished all the suspension and subframe refresh on the RS2 . So fill tank with 10ltrs of fresh fuel . Go to start car ( removing fuel pump relay first as it's been stood for a looooong time ) Replace relay but won't start . Check fuel pump fuse which is blown . Replace , but still won't start . I then check voltage at fuel pump with ignition on 12v and then crank engine drops as expected . Fuel pump relay seems OK as I took cover off it and cranked contacts close ? I then disconect fuel lines in engine bay to check for delivery and nothing even whilst cranking engine . . Next check for spark at plugs all good there too . Battery is good provides plenty of cranking .So my question is before I buy a new fuel pump is there anything else I should check ? Can the fuel pump be bench tested ? I've also checked the fuel lines for blockage and they are clear. I'm assuming it's the fuel pump siezed as it overloaded the fuse ??
    I haven't scanned it as someone is borrowing my lead and hasn't given it back

If you have voltage at fuel pump connector when cranking and no fuel at fuelrail I think its sure the fuelpump.

You can put your ear on the fueltank and let somebody cranking ;-)
    [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Originally posted by blackS2 View Post
      If you have voltage at fuel pump connector when cranking and no fuel at fuelrail I think its sure the fuelpump.

You can put your ear on the fueltank and let somebody cranking ;-)
      Thank you for a quick reply. I'm guessing by listening to fuel tank you will hear a buzzing noise ??
      It's been such a long time I've forgotten what it sounds like

Comment

By the time you've removed the fuel pump to bench test it, you've done 90% of the replacement work. Your FP is likely very dead. Replace it and move on.

C4 Fuel pump replacement hints, should provide you with some clues as to how to do your RS2 fuel pump:

http://12v.org/urs/Fuel%20Pump%20Tes...eduresRev3.pdf

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thank you.
          You sir are wealth of knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by dhali7376 View Post
            Thank you.
            You sir are wealth of knowledge
            You're welcome.

RS2 Fuel Pump = 895906089E (longer than the C4 AAN 8A0906091G fuel pump) but also used on several other less powerful Audis.

Some options:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-RS2-P1-...-/131093705587

http://shop.autewo.de/Antrieb---Moto...40217300_u341/

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Why not reverse the polarity to the pump seeing it's been sitting for a while, might give it a chance of working again but if it does you might just be prolonging the inevitable?!

Comment

Meh, just swap it. On the B4 chassis with fold-able seats and avant body it's fairly comfortable to replace it, the basket doesn't need to come out for the pump to be replaced.

You can check if it's working, hooking up 12v straight from the battery to the pump power wires or terminals. I checked quite a lot of pumps for signs of life like this.

Comment

Working...
                X