S2 cutting out at start help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 cutting out at start help needed

My S2 was returned to me yesterday after a long time off the road.

Audi did a full service and I had the petrol tank flushed out, petrol filter and pump changed.

I drove the car for about 10Km pulled up at a body shop, stopped the car and the within a few min started it again.

The car started revs picked up and the just died, the rev counter instantly dropped to zero.

I tried another four times to start the car the same thing happened it kicked in and started to rev then just dies, rev counter dropped to zero. On the fifth attempt it started.

Since then its been fine started each time without an issue and I must say running very nice.

The car is standard other then the 044 Bosch pump.

To me it seems like an electrical fault because the way the rev counter just dropped to zero.

Any ideas what could cause this? I don't have a vag machine so I am not sure if there are any codes.

Also the cruise control has stopped working any pointers on this one. Factory fitted.

orsum

Starting search now

Found the drawing for the cruise control system will start testing, no further help needed on that one. Seems simple enough.

Comment

Check out all your earths especially after the respray and local workmanship. Hope you get to enjoy your car after all this time. Nev.

Comment

You can make up a blink code reader cheaply or get a generic cable from eBay to pull the codes. All you need is led and some cable. http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...tml#blinkblink
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

For the cruise control, check the diaphragm and rod is properly connected at the throttle body area, then check the adjustment of the switches at the pedals.

My money is on the switches at the pedals, one of them will be too close and basically switching it off permanently...
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I had a similar issue once. It was a wire with a 12 volt feed running near the engine earthing out. You could only see it when it was dark and it only happened when you revved/blipped the engine. Might not be it but worth mentioning I think.

Comment

Working...
            X