AAN and 7A/3B oil pump suction line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN and 7A/3B oil pump suction line

Can anyone confirm on whats the difference between AAN 034 155 251 J and 7A 034 115 251 G suction lines. I have engine already everything assambeled and one night i started to worry if there could be some difference. Right now i have AAN hardware, 7A oil pan with it's plastic baffle sump + AAN oil pan metal sheet for sides, 2 gaskets between and AAN suction line. Should i be worried? Lenght... pump cant suck oil good enough?

Opinions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Kiku; 13 June 2016, 16:18.
    1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
    *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
    1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Oil Pump, Temperature Sender, Pressure Relief Valve Info

Here is a photo showing the AAN oil pump, the Item 14 oil suction tube and the Item 20 oil pump "intake manifold". The suction tube has to be disconnected from the oil pump before the oil pump can be removed from the block (the oil pan has to be dropped to do this, not a pretty job).

Here is the oil intake manifold rubber cap:

Here is the metal strainer under that cap. Always a good idea if you've dropped the oil pan (sump) to clean out the pan (sump) and the intake pipe cap and strainer.

REFERENCE: Oil Pump, Temperature Sender, Pressure Relief Valve Info:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/93029.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

7A 034115251G =

AAN (and 3B, ABY and ADU) 034115251J =

Look very similar to me.

Comment

My best guess is that as i was told by some other friends, difference is that one connects to oil pump with bolts and O-ring(AAN/ABY) and 7A has aluminium/copper washer.
        *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R

Comment

Originally posted by Kiku View Post
          My best guess is that as i was told by some other friends, difference is that one connects to oil pump with bolts and O-ring(AAN/ABY) and 7A has aluminium/copper washer.
          Good guess (sort of) AAN/ABY/ADU uses an Item 15 034115427C round seal:

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+100...115-115030/#15

However , The 7A uses the same round seal :

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+cou...115-115030/#15

Comment

Actually there are 3 different ones I have seen.
            Two slightly different shaped AAN / ABY / ADU ones both have slightly different more kinked shape and uses an o-ring to seal against the oil pump.
            3B / 7A is straighter and has no grove for the o-ring, instead they use a "paper" gasket and finally a lock plate instead of thread lock on the bolts.
            From memory they are interchangeable
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post

Actually there are 3 different ones I have seen.
              Two slightly different shaped AAN / ABY / ADU ones both have slightly different more kinked shape and uses an o-ring to seal against the oil pump.
              3B / 7A is straighter and has no grove for the o-ring, instead they use a "paper" gasket and finally a lock plate instead of thread lock on the bolts.
              From memory they are interchangeable
              Ties into what i found. The baffeled sumps i made with gates in had a cut out for this which i jigged up with a scrap block and the pipe fitted but when customer got it, it had moved 5mm or so. So there is defo two or three different shapes out there.
              Chef

Comment

Feedbackis better than i hoped. Thanks guys. Anyway if my suction pipe fit in place well — i remember that! Then eather way i should be ok, i think.

Comment

Working...
                X