No announcement yet.

engine problems (code 00561 and 00544)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine problems (code 00561 and 00544)

i had some problems with engine, it simply cut down, when i floored the gas pedeal in higher gears. this is what i found out with vag-com.....
    VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N Faults Found:
    00561 - Mixture Adaptation
    13-10 - Adaptation Limit (Mul) Not Reached - Intermittent
    00544 - Maximum Boost Pressure Exceeded
    27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

any ideas what should be problem?
    Audi Coupe S2 1993
    Audi V8 4.2 1993
    Audi cabrio 1998

Originally posted by valjo
    i had some problems with engine, it simply cut down, when i floored the gas pedeal in higher gears. this is what i found out with vag-com.....

About error 00544 - Check hose connecting turbo and wastegate (most common problem). Sometimes, it looks ok, but air manages to get out. If it's ok, then it can be WGFV which is stuck (not likely).

Sau
    200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
    CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

no expert but 00561 & 00544 were 2 of the 3 codes I had when I had a faulty MAF.
      And had same symptoms - engine cut out at 5K under WOT.

Comment

Originally posted by kwlw
        About error 00544 - Check hose connecting turbo and wastegate (most common problem). Sometimes, it looks ok, but air manages to get out. If it's ok, then it can be WGFV which is stuck (not likely).

Sau
        i have just made presure test, and i found no leak (i only did it at 0,2bar)
        what is the sympthoms for wgfv broken? how could i test it?
        Audi Coupe S2 1993
        Audi V8 4.2 1993
        Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

Originally posted by pjeast73
          no expert but 00561 & 00544 were 2 of the 3 codes I had when I had a faulty MAF.
          And had same symptoms - engine cut out at 5K under WOT.
          i was rhinking about maf too...... but it is only 3-4 years old, and i am sure there is something else wrong
          Audi Coupe S2 1993
          Audi V8 4.2 1993
          Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

i was rhinking about maf too...... but it is only 3-4 years old, and i am sure there is something else wrong
            Best way to find what is wrong is to find a friend with same car and swap or at least measure components one at a time ...

Just remembered how I was searching for boost leak .

Sau
            200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
            CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

I got the same "Adaptation limit" when Idle Stabilisation Valve failed. But there were no problems when gas pedal was floored.

So, possible problem - the small hose from turbo cold side to WasteGate (through WG frequency valve). The "Maximum Boost Pressure Exceeded" confirms that.

If the small hose got loose and was blown of the turbo "nipple" - the WG is always closed (no WG control), so you get "overboost" problem and engine cutout. On the other hand, the "nipple" on the turbo housing now acts as a hole in the intake system, and lets unmetered air to enter. So you get another error - "Adaptation Limit".

Comment

Originally posted by Uukrul
                I got the same "Adaptation limit" when Idle Stabilisation Valve failed. But there were no problems when gas pedal was floored.

So, possible problem - the small hose from turbo cold side to WasteGate (through WG frequency valve). The "Maximum Boost Pressure Exceeded" confirms that.

If the small hose got loose and was blown of the turbo "nipple" - the WG is always closed (no WG control), so you get "overboost" problem and engine cutout. On the other hand, the "nipple" on the turbo housing now acts as a hole in the intake system, and lets unmetered air to enter. So you get another error - "Adaptation Limit".
                thanks for that explantation mate i have just solved the problem today (i hope tomorov it will still work as it should ). i have to put new spark plugs, because old one were in very bad conditions......
                Audi Coupe S2 1993
                Audi V8 4.2 1993
                Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

Working...
                X