Intermittant Hesitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittant Hesitation

I only ever post problems! I am getting a return of a problem which disappeared last year. My point is I am getting a hesitation in power which comes and goes while on the move. Feels like the throttle stops working, engine revs vanish intermittantly for a bit and then all ok. I had exactly the same thing 7 months ago, had it checked for fault codes,nothing showed up. Its going back in next week and I would appreciate if anyone has any clues. I will mention ignition coil and throttle petiometre which I have picked up from here. Thanks in hope
    Volcano black,134500 miles,standard,everyday transport, new rear discs, new door trims, replaced radiators x2, front/rear shocks(OE) + suspension bushes, recent alarm, undersealed, exhaust/head gasket, pulls like a train. big turbo whistle 315 hp

Can you hear anything else when the car cuts power? Such as the fuel pump making funny noises?

When does it happen? Engine cold, hot, at certain revs or load conditions, damp weather etc. Is it repeatable or completely random? How often does it happen?

Hard to tell from such a description and difficult to do without hooking the car up to some diagnostic gear.
    Last edited by Lee; 24 March 2005, 19:29. Reason: Can't spell...not even had a drink yet!
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

It seems to happen after running the aircondtioning. No special condtions. It happened today while driving along a straight piece of road on a constant throttle.The air con was off. No funny noises heard. The revs just cut out, it does not stall. It feels like fuel starvation but is not. Had fuel metre checked, put on a diagnostic and no faults found. I just have a hunch using the air con messes something up? Its is not easy to replicate the problem though.
      Volcano black,134500 miles,standard,everyday transport, new rear discs, new door trims, replaced radiators x2, front/rear shocks(OE) + suspension bushes, recent alarm, undersealed, exhaust/head gasket, pulls like a train. big turbo whistle 315 hp

Comment

where are you

Hi Lee

I would like to bring the car to you if I can without switching the ignition off during a trip its done this. Any more ideas re the air con. It has been a constant during all occasions. I have not used the air con until the last few weeks and when I do the problem comes back all be it intermittantly. What do I know?? Where abouts are you?
        Cheers

Gus

Comment

I removed my aircon and if I press the aircon button on the console it kills the engine. We are soon opening a new facility in the Midlands. Where are you? We may be in your area soon as we are travelling all over the UK and Europe to various customers and affilitated partners' premises to conduct tuning and diagnostic services.
          1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
          Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Working...
          X