Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCDS Reading Modules

Hi All,

I've got a new Rosstech wire and the 2x2 adapter with the latest version of VCDS software. It connects to the RS2 by using the 8C engine code with no problems, but it will only see the ABS and Airbag, all of the other control modules say not found. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    David

reg the wire

But not much modules you can read on ours cars:
    motor
    ABS
    Airbag
    climatronic
    photobucket SUCKS
    sigpic

Comment

It's the engine sensors I want to check and see if there are any fault codes. How do I go about doing that?

Comment

If there are any fault codes the ECU has stored, they will be readable via VCDS. Look under the engine tab. You can do some output tests via the engine option and also view measuring blocks and run some logs if needed. There's not a whole lot more supported on the S2.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Who is your serial number? Sure that is emptly because you haven't regist it.

Attached Files
          photobucket SUCKS
          sigpic

Comment

I've just checked and it's all registered. It says control module not responding on the 3 engine tabs? Could it be because the car is re-mapped?

Comment

Try it with the engine running.
              Not sure why it would not communicate just on ign unless the ecu is unpowered by either fuse blown or perhaps an aftermarket immoboliser.
              If the car starts then we have to assume that there is an issue with either the connection or the ecu/sw somehow.

Comment

Check the comm port settings. It won't be due to being remapped.
                91 Modded 3B

Comment

Tried it with the engine running, same story. What do you mean "check the comm port setting"?

Comment

I don`t think that the problem be comm port. With a wrong config directly dosen`t work.

I know one aby if no one VagCom work on it. Regrettably.
                    photobucket SUCKS
                    sigpic

Comment

What interface are you using?
                      You can change the baud rate to see if that helps although I thought the reason for the label files was that it set everything up. Might as well read through the Ross tech manual to see if that helps any.
                      As the interface connects to other modules it implies that its an issue with perhaps the wiring. They used to recommend removing the other K wires from the common post, leaving just the ecu one connected.
                      Does it Autoscan?

Comment

Just checked and you cannot change the baud rate on the latest versions!
                        When you checked the interface status did you get any short to ground warnings on the K line?
                        Some more info here:
                        http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/o...n.html#restore
                        Last edited by twoqu; 12 September 2016, 22:07.

Comment

Bit frustrating but if you still have an old interface and the corresponding Vag Com or VCDS version you could verify that you can connect to the ecu assuming you have before. Then you would know that is the upgrade thats the issue rather than anything on the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by LGK6D View Post
                            Tried it with the engine running, same story. What do you mean "check the comm port setting"?
                            Scrub that! If you can read anything on other modules it won't be the Comm port settings as your cable can communicate with the car and PC. I would read the Ross Tech manual.
                            91 Modded 3B

Comment

Check wiring harness (check for continuity between K- and L- line socket (white) and ECU).

Comment

Working...
                              X