Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aby Alternator bracket - rod end turnbuckle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aby Alternator bracket - rod end turnbuckle.

Evening chaps. The gear teeth on my alterator bracket/nut are looking very second hand. I saw a picture of someone with a pair of rod ends and a turnbuckle. Been looking into this but can't find anything short enough.

Anyone got any details of parts used?

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
    Evening chaps. The gear teeth on my alterator bracket/nut are looking very second hand. I saw a picture of someone with a pair of rod ends and a turnbuckle. Been looking into this but can't find anything short enough.

Anyone got any details of parts used?
    This was Alex ( Error404 ) that did this, ask him
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Yes that was mine
      I used M8 rod ends, shortened the studs and cut the threaded ends off a stainless turnbuckle, welded them together and then welded a drilled out M10 nut over the middle.

300F6C7F-51D1-4929-A2D8-6257CF32EA06_zpslxdt6qfr.JPG

372205D9-C898-4DCF-A429-F20D2A991FAB_zpspclbkgpk.JPG

HTH
      Last edited by Error404; 17 October 2017, 20:25.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I do have a new OEM gear nut and zinc plated adjuster bar here if that saves you some work
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I did think that some cutting and welding was going to be needed as stock M8 rod ends pretty much take up the whole length let alone getting the turn buckle in there.

At the moment my adjuster about works but it won't do many more goes. I think the rod end solution is cool, have access to a fabricator mate too so might as well take advantage of that

Cheers for the tips. Also the loom is spot on, can't recommend it highly enough, such a simple solution and even with 5 new coils its not an expensive mod.

Comment

The nut is available quite easily... bought one last year.

Comment

Working...
            X