Motronic 'overboost'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motronic 'overboost'

Can someone explain how this deliberate 'overboost' function works in the S2/RS2? For example I read that the RS2 has a 1.5 overboost function. Is this correct and is it a time limited overboost once wot is selected?

What details you want to know?

Check at least this out first. That's the basic principle of the operation inside the ecu.

Basically the overboost is nothing fancy and usually you can ignore the whole thing because it's "always" on.

Comment

If revs are 3000+ and you go WOT it just happens. It's there to make overtakes easier mostly
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

To be correct in the software-wise, the overboost is on until the software takes it away. And most likely you need to floor the car on autobahn to get overboost off.

Boost spikes and reacting to those has nothing to do with the overboost function in these ecus.

Comment

Originally posted by kymi View Post
          What details you want to know?

Check at least this out first. That's the basic principle of the operation inside the ecu.

Basically the overboost is nothing fancy and usually you can ignore the whole thing because it's "always" on.
          Thanks for that - the link there answers my question pretty well. Only reason I ask is I set up a dual boost map in my RS2 (has a link ECU) but it's not really relevant here in NZ. I really just did it because I like playing with the software. I've got full boost for 15 secs then it pulls back by 20kpa. Will have no effect going through the gears because I set the timer to run when boost is above 1.1bar.

Comment

Working...
          X