Low boost - 0.4 bar - likely cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low boost - 0.4 bar - likely cause?

Got a problem with my (ABY) S2: low boost pressure of 0.4 bar. No obvious leaks, so my initial thought is knackered N75 WGFV. Anybody got other suggestions/thoughts?
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

It could be your multiple function water temperature switch. It,s a common one to half your boost. I would start with that first. It is a few seconds to check just unplug it and pop out for a drive. If your boost is back, happy days. Good luck Lynn.

Comment

Sorry that should have said multifunction water temperature switch. Still I just woke up

Comment

I think you'll be right with the WGFV......
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

...or the altitude sensor could be misreading...

Comment

Had this a few weeks back and it was the MFTS

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
              It could be your multiple function water temperature switch.
              Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
              Had this a few weeks back and it was the MFTS
              We have winners MFTS replaced and full boost is back.
              Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2 View Post
                We have winners MFTS replaced and full boost is back.
                I had exactly the same thing. When you replaced it, did you notice any change in where your temp gauge normal sits at.. before it was rare to se it above 90, now my new normal is 92+ ? In the photo this is where the fan comes on, before it would come on at just over 90 ?

Is this normal or could there be different spec of MFTSs ?

Have you noticed a change ??

Paul
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RS2junkie View Post
                  I had exactly the same thing. When you replaced it, did you notice any change in where your temp gauge normal sits at.. before it was rare to se it above 90, now my new normal is 92+ ? In the photo this is where the fan comes on, before it would come on at just over 90 ?

Paul
                  Yes. Exactly the same change as you. Previously fan would keep the temps around the 90 mark (plus/minus a mark either way), now it's a couple of marks higher. I guess it's a slightly different spec - which isn't a surprise given that the original/old ones were a four pin design, whereas the modern replacements are three pin.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2junkie View Post

Paul
                    Mine sits a few mm higher now but all works fine

Comment

Working...
                    X