Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS4 MAF on 5-Cylinder 20V

Hi Guys,

is it possible to connect the RS4 MAF (0 280 218 067) with the stock ECU of the 3B-Engine without any problem? Just connect it, adjust the MAPs and good?

I have read in a forum that the connection of this ECU with the RS4 MAF is impossible. For this purpose, people recommend another MAF - e.g. S8. However, seeing the pinout of the RS4 MAF and the Voltage, I think that it should be no problem...

(I am searching for a HFM for 600PS)

Thanks!
    Karel5000

Yes you can, but after that you need to do remap

Andris

Comment

Originally posted by andrix View Post
      Yes you can, but after that you need to do remap

Andris
      Thanx for the antwort! I thought it. Do you also have the RS4 MAF installed on your car?

One more question to the remapping. I usually let the MAF-map without any change and remap all the other maps. It is very much work but I have not found the MAF-map yet. According to some manuals of the old Motronic ECUs, the MAF-map should be built as an equation consisted of two maps with some exponents and so on. But I have never found such maps here. How is it made here and eventually, how do these maps look like?

And does someone of you possess the Air/V curve of the RS4 MAF?

Thanx,
      Karel5000
      Last edited by karel5000; 8 March 2017, 15:23.

Comment

No, it requires hardware mods inside the ECU. I've got the RS4 maf on my car.

Comment

This will not work without cabling changes and specific mapping. PRJ can do this mod, however, I very much doubt he would unless you can visit him in person.
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

You can change the diameter of hose of maf.
            .: Audi Coupe Quattro 20V 91' :.
            .: Audi/PorscheRS2 95' :.
            .: Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 96' :.

Comment

As stated it requires some hardware tweaks inside the ECU plus wiring for the new MAF sensor and a remap. PRJ also did mine.
              S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

What do these tweaks or mods mean? Why is it necessary? All voltages are the same as on the stock MAF. The only problem could be, that the stock ECU does not get enough power or that the MAF-curve starts with a much different Voltage. It would be nice, if someone could post the Air/V curve of the RS4 MAF.

To take a bigger hosing for the stock MAF is very bad. I drive with 100mm for a longer time and I am very unhappy. The measurement is very inexact and the big box has very big temperatur drifts. Maybe it could be a bit better with the 90mm hosing but I am not sure if I can reach 600PS with it. I would like to get a new HFM. Some people use a S8 MAF. As I have heared, it should be easier to connect it. I must also get some info about it...

Comment

Honester puts S8 MAF on the RS4 housing, modify the cables and hardwere on the ecu.

Comment

Originally posted by vti2 View Post
                    Honester puts S8 MAF on the RS4 housing, modify the cables and hardwere on the ecu.
                    Thanx for the Info! And do you know the number of the S8 MAF? Does it reach 600PS with the RS4 housing?

Comment

The number i don't know nur it runns more than 600

Comment

Originally posted by vti2 View Post
                        The number i don't know nur it runns more than 600
                        Thanx for your answer. Maybe someone tells us the number of the S8 MAF...

Comment

Maybe it is the S8/RS6/R8 MAF with the number 07C906461A...

Comment

There is only one person who can adequately answer your questions, and you pissed that person off a long time ago.

So all I will do is this:
                            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Hahaha PRJ legendary answer

Comment

Working...
                              X