Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition distributor timing procedure 3B

hi, i'm overhauling my 3B engine.
    i've the mecanical manuel for 3B but noting on the timing of the distibutor .
    thank's for some help !

Set the physical timing eg crank TDC on gearbox bell housing, the cams with the indent in the cam cover and the dizzy at number 1 with the scribe mark through the body in line with the centre of the rotor.

As for ignition timing the ECU does that.

Comment

thank's a lot !!
      an other problem for me is that i've changed the camshafts chain with a new one , and it seems very thight ... no play at all in the chainring , between the two sprokets of the camshafts.. and when i try to turn the sproket for tooth belt , it seems very hard for me, even with a tool,
      is this right or could it brake the chainring ?
      sorry for my poor english .

regard's
      Last edited by bout1977; 11 April 2017, 11:47.

Comment

Same procedure as the 2.3 20v 7A engine. Indeed all on the marks and ecu does the rest
        1967 fiat 500 future project
        1976 audi 100 coupe S
        1989 vw corrado 16V
        1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
        1994 audi RS2 project
        1994 audi RS2 parts car
        1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

As for the cam chain. From memory they don't have a tensioner. The two marks have to sit horizontal to the head and adjacent to one another. I think there's 16 links between each. I'd imagine when new the chain would be taught.

Comment

that's right no tensioner, but there was a lot off lack play on the old chain ring, and with the new not at all. but it might be a regular situation.
            thank's for all

Comment

I'm sure it is. I've seen some chains that are so slack they have scored the head slightly.

Comment

Working...
              X