i make a stupid thing i think....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i make a stupid thing i think....

i have done this WE the timing belt on my Audi GT Kv & i have change the seals and when i pull off the old seal from crankshaft maybe i made a screwdriver scratche on the oil pump & i put the new reinz seal how i can repair that ? any idea ?
    https://youtu.be/jk7i2bo8QCE

thanks
    tof
    sigpic

remove back the crankpulley and timingbelt
    remove the new seal
    take a fine sandpaper and go over the scratch(be carefull for sand in the oil pump)
    buy a new seal and rub some silicone pasta around the seal and put it back in place
    put everything back together and allow the silicone to dry one day before you start the engine
    good luck
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

i have tried yesterday to sand with 1200 but maybe it's too fine,
      i'll try again but first i have ordered this to avoid damages :

hope it's efficient
      thanks for your tip Nick ;-) i'll keep you in touch
      tof
      sigpic

Comment

Small tip for getting out a seal when a tool is not near.Use 2 screws(do not know english term but will post a pic).Get them 180 degree positioned into the seal.Take care not to damage the pump or the crank
        Use a pair of pliers to hold the screw and a screwdriver to make a "lever".
        This screws need just a tap and after that they just screw in.No need of drilling and getting residue into the engine.They get a clean hole.Again,take care not to scratch the pump or the crank.

About the damage.Get the seal out and do some pics.
        Attached Files

Comment

i have tried this with screw but they pull off the seal each time (i use more bigger driver and always the same rsult)
          sigpic

Comment

wow i found the problem, only a screw was not tight ! from the oil pump (thanks to the member on French audi board from Luxemburg who do the same mistake several years ago ! lol)

since i have corrected the problem, 10 mn of engine running and no oil drop !

if it can help someone else in the future to dont do the same mistake than me....

Tof
            sigpic

Comment

Great news
              We've all made mistakes mate. Sharing them so other people can learn from them is what makes people awesome
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              1990 CQ20v
              2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Good job!

Scratches where seals sit would have to be pretty deep to leak like that

The two self-tapper screw method does work well here, and saves you breaking the oil pump casing, as mine was when I did the belt a while back -new pump fitted now

Comment

this would be instead of using a "pulling" tool, such as a slide hammer or something then?
                    1990 CQ20v

Comment

Yup

Comment

cool, i'll keep this in mind
                        1990 CQ20v

Comment

Thanks for sharing, it's all stored for later

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                            Thanks for sharing, it's all stored for later
                            We'll both be digging this thread out later, covered in oil and trying to remember what someone clever once said about getting that sodding cap out. Personally, I hope to do this before gouging a lump out of the block rather than after
                            1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                            X