ok which engine is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear!
    I was puttin 2+2 together. Think I got 5!
    It was just that you mentioned a diesel crank. There are diesel 86.4mm cranks.
    I know there was a guy who supposedly built stroker bottom ends. That turbo looked familiar. That blokes coupe was down at a breakers in Bristol a few years ago. I thought the engine might be the same one.

Comment

the crank came from a vw van. and i got the engine from north devon, it was out of a early CQ that was orange according to reports. so possible i guess.
      1982 UR Quattro with added 3B power!

Comment

Yep!,
        Sounds too much of a coincidence!
        Someone has obviously spent some time and money on it since. Memory is a bit hazy. I thought it had std injectors on it when I saw it and the ecu fitted at the time showed no evidence of it being tampered with. Thats why I didn't believe it was as powerful as some of the figures being touted. I know he removed some choice stuff (Stack Dash) perhaps he replaced other bits.

Comment

its been chipped now and yes spent a small fortune. although most work was done before it got it

Comment

Yep!,
            As for its heritage. Keep looking on the head. If you pop the cam belt cover off have a look through the cam pulley. If there is a boss there or evidence of bolt holes it is probably an ABY/AAN. If not than RR/3B.

Comment

ok ill go and have a look,

when i got engine every thing had been done properly audi gaskets and all genuine parts, that helped me make my decision.

Comment

ok more info block has this stamped on the side 034 103 021m, and the head says ABY 003754 on it ( or some number like that cant remember and can be bothered to go down stairs and to the garage again) that is located towards the front of the engine ( pulleys ).

Comment

Well,
                  I guess that makes it an ABY head then!

Comment

Originally posted by twoqu
                    Well,
                    I guess that makes it an ABY head then!
                    I reckon the engine has had a new head thats had some port work done it, but it started as a 3B engine.

Comment

cheers boys that make getting parts easy, is the turbo rs2?

Comment

Working...
                      X