Simple Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Things

The force had a disturbance on Saturday as another Jedi popped onto the darkside
    Got me S6 MRC'd, Mihnea and Doug sorted the slipper waggon
    Easily gained 100bhp, bloody hell I here you say well the story goes that Mihnea noticed on our turbo run, that my car hadn't been pulling full boost, turned out it had'nt even been at WOT as the bloomin accel cable was about 3/4inch slack! A two minute pitstop on side of M62 sorted that and crikey did it sort it
    I can't believe for all the time I've owned it I've been booting it and only gettin 90% throttle, along with the re-map it felt like I was flying the old concorde on the way home
    Wonder how long the throttle cables been slack, the bloody turbo doesn't know whats hit it thats for sure
    A big thankyou to Mihnea and Doug not forgetting Chris who hosted the gig, with tea on tap and a street full of Audi S-cars!

If there’s any procrastinators undecided about a MRC re-map don’t think just get it done, you’ll not regret it

Ben

PS check them throttle cables for slack, you never know what you might find!

It was a good day, if not a long one. Especially for Doug and Mihnea. Had some of the neighbours asking what cars they were as they were impressed to see so many "SMART" cars at mine My mates are now trying to convince me to get a set of 19's and porsche mirrors after seeing Dougs beast.

Cheers,

Chris
    Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Every S2 I have checked has had a slack throttle cable, including mine!
      Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
      England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by BRY
        Hold on BRY, you were under my bonnet a couple of days ago but didn't check mine...cheers mate

Now I have to wait until I get home and rather than running in and kissing the wife and sprog, I'm gonna have to grab the keys and go check the throttle cable on the S2.

If she gets the hump, I'm blaming you!

Si
        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by BRY
          Every one I've checked.
          I didn't check yours, but you will let us know.
          I'm still checking my inbox though
          Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
          England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

where would u tighten it up?

Comment

Yerp - seen that before. Its a classic fault that has been passed over since time began. Way back, a friend of a friend of mine used to work alongside some part of the Ford works rally team, and he tells a story of how the gaffer went totally ballistic when he found this fault on two cars (in seconds) that the lads had been having running long term problems with.
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Some kind soul prepared to write a guide / top top on checking and adjusting the cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                  Some kind soul prepared to write a guide / top top on checking and adjusting the cable?
                  ^^^
                  ABY Coupe
                  sigpic

Comment

Its very easily done, but to check just get someone to sit in the car and put the pedal to the floor, then see if you can move the throttle any further by hand under the bonnet.

If you look at the clip on the inlet manifold where the cable goes thru, you'll see its pretty straight forward to adjust it
                    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Just to add...... new cables were something like £60 from stealer if a new one is needed... or at least they were a couple of years ago anyway
                      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

mine is nice and tight (no funny comments)
                        ABY Coupe
                        sigpic

Comment

Another thing to check is that the throttle cable isn't fouled by one of the jubilee clips at the throttle body - I've seen that before.

The reason this is so important, is that the ECU uses the signal from the throttle position sensor to determine how much 'ooomf' is being demanded by the drivers right foot... and based on the engine speed, and other factors, it determines how much boost to generate.

If the ECU doesn't 'see' full throttle then it wont enter the maximum boost sections of the relevant maps.
                          Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Ant has said it all except be careful not to adjust up too far so that the cable/linkage is not under strain at WOT - cables are one thing, the throttle body is £££s !

Comment

VERY good point james !
                              Paul Nugent

Comment

Working...
                              X