Skidplates for our cars?.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skidplates for our cars?.....

Anybody who has lowered their cars always in the back of their mind are fearful they will bottom out & tear out their oil pan and more. The plastic tray that Audi has down there now is a joke and will protect nothing. Anybody design or develop or has purchased a skidplate from someone?

Shouldn't be too difficult to make one as it's hardly a complex structure. I don't know anyone who manufactures them as such though.
    acidtrax

Comment

Theres a guy @ quattroforum that has made them for the UR and sells a few on ebay. Im sure if someone sent him a template (after some discussion) he would make them up if there was a high demand for them. Ive used him a few times and he is an honest and straight up guy.

Comment

I think my car has had one as there were some attachments welded on the subframe!
        -

Comment

Skidplate
          Can you not copy Joe's??
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

skidplates under engine

you may use this,they are made of steel too: P/N 321 018 903E for the vw quantum/passat 5syl or the P/N 811 018 911E for the audi 80 gt 5syl
            the subframe are very similar like the s2/audi 90/80 and will fit in the car..there are some others details too you have to fit the skidplates ...

Comment

im supose to be making one for pembo but bit useless on a rally car thats not running

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                Anybody who has lowered their cars always in the back of their mind are fearful they will bottom out & tear out their oil pan and more. The plastic tray that Audi has down there now is a joke and will protect nothing. Anybody design or develop or has purchased a skidplate from someone?
                Panzer,
                We can measure one our for you and design it, but you'd have to have it professionally installed near you, unless this is, you are capable of welding in the brackets for your car. ;-)
                Joe "NoNonsense"
                axis motorsport
                joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Sounds good Joe!

Got a friend who owns a machine shop who can fab it up for me! Appreciate it!

Comment

Thread revival; just wondering if anybody has ever had one of these skid plates in their hands or seen one? I am wondering how substantial (or unsubstantial they are)? Brackets don't look overly strong, however if the skid plate is thick enough then other brackets could be made.

P/N 321 018 903E for the vw quantum/passat 5syl

P/N 811 018 911E for the audi 80 gt 5syl

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

These look ace, perfect as i live in the sticks and have a low s2.
                      Are these still available from audi? And how much?
                      Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                      03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                      01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

The online vagcat thing lists the quantum/passat 4cyl one available for 80euros and the 5cyl unavailable, the front of the gt one is shown as available for 80euros, haven't checked brackets etc, easy enough to make out of box section.

I want to know how robust it it, if its a thin stamped sheet then it will be better than the plastic one for light scrapes/loose crap but no good for big thumps.
                        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

you'd be better off making something yourself that mounted to the subframe, can't see how that thing would offer any protection from a big clout
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                          X