Front Door Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Door Trim

I'm wondering if any one knows what type of adhesive can be used to stick the external bump strip back onto the door...

Mine has been 'detached'...by persons unknown and its flapping about, so before I loose it entirely I'd like to stick it back on..

I'm wondering if industrial grade double sided would do the trick...or Superglue?

Or even those sticky pads you get to stick number plates on..

Any one have any better ideas?

Thanks..

IIRC they have clips N 014 032 3
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Hmmm..

I'll have to look again but I don't recall seeing anyclips on the door trim.. the little bit that goes on the front wheel arch yes,, but not the door. It was howeve damn dark and I was pissed off so who knows..

Comment

If you're referring to the strip midway along the flanks, they are indeed stuck on. Don't use superglu at all, double sided tape works fine. You'll have to remove the trim completely though to do a good job.

The lower trim (soft rubber) has clips.
        Never show a fool a half built house.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
        The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

It is indeed the middle strip..I was planning on using double sided..got the extra wide stuff which should do the trick.. fun and games for tomorrow....

Thanks very much...

Comment

Better too use the OEM adhesive tape....

made by WURTH. You should be able too get it from local WURTH distributor.

Comment

Well,

I had a go at it...but the adhesive on there is NOT tape.. its a glue and very strong and it has removed the paint from the door...yes all of the top coats have been removed all the way down to the grey base coat...

I was not happy at all. So its a bit of double sided to keep it in place for the moment and htere is no way I'm going to try to remove the rest of the trim to seat it better etc etc.

I'm try to find the Wurth tape and do a proper job later in the year when its a bit warmer outside.. or in the garage come to that..

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X