Windscreen gone today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen gone today

My 90Q windscreen has just picked up a chip and a very big spreading crack in it Bloody A13

Just wondered what I can expect cost wise to replace it ?

Its a B3 90Q 87E plate ........ my worry is that it`ll be a fair proportion of what the car is worth

As always, any help gratefully recieved and any suggested window fitters in the Essex Area ?

you not fully comp??
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Nope, Traders

Comment

Ouch!

Big money I think....

Sorry.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I've paid in full for a coupe screen, was the thick end of £600 at Auto Windscreens.
          The coupe screen is a slightly different animal of a job to a 90, so should be less but still an expensive job which ever way you look at it.
          Easier job on the 90 too, if that makes it any better.
          I'd be nice to know which car flicked it up, so you could throw it back
          Last edited by Jas11n; 21 December 2005, 20:42.
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Best try a breakers methinks.
            SS

Comment

And the chrome windows trims may be NLA
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Not worried about the chrome trims

Breakers...... I have never got a bonded in Screen out yet.... need lots of screen tools methinks

Oh well, worry about it in the new year

Comment

lots of window fitters will remove and refit s/h screens,most audi ones are a pig to get out though,if your patient you can get one out though,took me best part of 2 hrs when i did an old 200 turbo screen for someone,just to remove it...

Comment

Originally posted by quattronutter
                    lots of window fitters will remove and refit s/h screens,most audi ones are a pig to get out though,if your patient you can get one out though,took me best part of 2 hrs when i did an old 200 turbo screen for someone,just to remove it...
                    Oh OK then.....Any Tips ?

Comment

like i say, lots of patience,you will need the right cutting tools,it will definitely make you sweat!!!easier to let a pro windscreen fitter remove one,re fitting is a piece of cake but they probably wont charge too much to fit anyway...best thing is to ring round a few breakers to find a screen then find a window fitter to meet you there and remove/refit...

Comment

If you can get to it in time there is a 1995 V6 coupe in a breakers yard in glenfield Leicester. It does still have the windscreen. Nothing else mind you but all the windows are there. And the engine (i believe the owner let it run dry of oil and something went pop a bit majorly) not that its any good.
                        Dark Grey Avant
                        RS2 FARB
                        Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
                        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

get someone to insure it for a week 3rd party with windscreen cover, nfu (insurance co.) charged me £25 excess for a windscreen fitted

Comment

i had mine replaced on my ur quattro and paid 130+vat and an hours labour which was 45.
                            3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Window screen for Coupes!!! You guys are sooo lucky!

Here in the States, the screens for Coupes are near IMPOSSIBLE to get if at all.
                              And the ones that are still around are of second or used quality with imperfections and slight chips and to top it off VERY EXPENSIVE!! Think of what a new one costs in the UK and triple that. That's without labor to install and the needed trim that must be replaced when such a job is done! It's coming to a point where some of us in the States may have to import a screen from the UK!

Comment

Working...
                              X