Why me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why me?

I have just washed the car to find several things on it that were not there the other day.

1. I have found that the headlamps are actually clear glass not brown as i thought.

2. There is some sort of 'green paint' thing going on under the mud?

Has anyone else experienced this?

TIA

Tom
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Trying to impress us next weekend Tom? I'm sure Lee will be interested in what else you find :nana:
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Wonder if Lee will clean his wheels?

Nah, im not out to impress with shiny paint and bling bling wheels like people :nana:

Just decided that after not washing it for 3 months and with all the country roads round here it was starting to get my trousers dirty when getting in. Havent hoovered it tho!
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

:eek2: Mine is always(well most of the time) Spotless outside and inside! Keep it CLEAN!
        Coupe

Comment

The last time I washed my car, the lacquer on the bonnet literally (I **** u not) exploded high into the air, and all around the car. It was like it was snowing paint and lacquer. Definite case of premature baldness.

I would take a photo, but:

1) It's dark and cold.
          2) It's embarrassing to have the crappest S2 on the board
          3) You can pretty much guess how crap the car looks now. My solution? Not wash it ever again. Sorted

Just another thing to add to the list come february. Unless... let's see... 13,18,19,26,41,47 and a bonus of 5. That should do it

If I win the lottery I promise to send you a photo of me on a south seas island.
          'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Can't understand this washing lark. Put hours in cleaning it. Take it out for a spin and hey presto back to square one in no time. Ain't got time for that. Seriously though, now it's Winter, I will clean it quite often to get rid of the road salt.

If it's dry and not too cold next Saturday, I'll give it a clean......maybe! Failing that I am sure there is a garage with a pressure washer somewhere near Greg's gaff. I'll bring some wheel cleaner to get a shine on the wheels for you Tom. I've forgotten what they look like!

If I paint my wheels Anthracite, it will look the same dirty and clean!! I like that!
            1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
            Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

watch it with the pressure washers! if your paint isn't up to scratch it'll do what it did to mine! (sob)
              'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Im in the same boat as you lee, very rarely get time to/cant be arsed, if havent cleaned it by next monday mine will be the one with the 'just ploughed a field' look.

Comment

Yeah, I lost paint off my rear bumper with pressure washing ...luckily, I am getting that sorted now while my front bumper is being replaced

From now on, it's sponge cleaning only for my S2!! I hate those wheel spokes though, they take ages

Actually, it's kinda embarrassing: when me and The Kitten had our little fight with a deer, Kitty was really rather grubby (East Anglia's farmers seem to think the mud would look much nicer on the roads rather than the fields). Result? The garage tell me they had to wash my car before assessing the damage ops:

__MDC__
                  Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

nah, i'm in the keep it clean clan.....11yr old paint needs a helping hand and to its credit when clean, looks feckin awesome when the sun glints off it.

Was nice and dry and cold yesterday, it got a hard wax polish and a sealer so its all set for the winter now

David
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Dave - trust me m8 - when that new arrival weighs into the Corbin household you'll soon forget about cleaning the car for a long long time !

Cheers,

Paul
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I saw the (remains) of APNess's paint job the other day. When he said that powerwashing it made it explode all over the drive he wasn't fecking kidding :eek2:

The place is covered in flakes of red lacquer :wacked:
                        Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Yeah, pressure washing started to flake my rear bumper - lucky me, it's just been fixed during the insurance repair to my front bumper

Stone chipped bonnet leading edge? My bonnet LE has a strip of helicopter tape protecting it, works wonders! Don't forget to carry your touch up paints though! I remember when I got my car home after buying it, there was a huge chip on the RH wing under the repeater - I know when it happened, a stone flew up as a biker went by in the opposite direction. Glad it missed the screen... (oh yeah, gotta get a resin injection done on my screen anyway, took a hit on the same morning when I took on a deer).
                          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Working...
                          X