SOS some ozzie ick has rear ended me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS some ozzie ick has rear ended me

My insurance is repairing it, but i want to go armed with the right info, my bumper is bent, rear panel pushed in 4" at its worst point, and my number plate surround is smashed, has anyone got the ETKA drawing number of this panel, as i cannot find it on ETKA. If someone could post the pic it would be even better, Cheers, i am going to the crash repairers today in about 2 hours, so if someone could reply i owe you an ozzie beer. Fekin rubber neckin ba*tards a little bit of rain over here and all hell breaks loose, there was 3 crashes (inc. mine) in 500 meters of each other, as soon as there is a crash everyone rubber necks and more happen, just after us there was a near miss, with people slowing for a look. I tell yer, the ozzie driving skills are stone age compared to UK drivers. They all drive inches off each other in chelsea school busses (Landcruisers etc). I am right pi**ed off at the moment
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Graham
    My insurance is repairing it, but i want to go armed with the right info, my bumper is bent, rear panel pushed in 4" at its worst point, and my number plate surround is smashed, has anyone got the ETKA drawing number of this panel, as i cannot find it on ETKA. If someone could post the pic it would be even better, Cheers, i am going to the crash repairers today in about 2 hours, so if someone could reply i owe you an ozzie beer. Fekin rubber neckin ba*tards a little bit of rain over here and all hell breaks loose, there was 3 crashes (inc. mine) in 500 meters of each other, as soon as there is a crash everyone rubber necks and more happen, just after us there was a near miss, with people slowing for a look. I tell yer, the ozzie driving skills are stone age compared to UK drivers. They all drive inches off each other in chelsea school busses (Landcruisers etc). I am right pi**ed off at the moment

SHeesh....
    sorry to hear about this mate
    As a consolation hopefully I can repay your bomb assistance with the part number your after!!

895 803 685A Crossmember (rear)

I have printed the relevant page into a pdf and attached it to this post. I believe its item number 27 you are referring to?

HTH and good luck at the bodyshop
    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers, mate by any chance have you got the part number for the number plate surround, this is the last piece i need, i am going to get the car show room perfect from this-------Thanks again
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Graham
        Cheers, mate by any chance have you got the part number for the number plate surround, this is the last piece i need, i am going to get the car show room perfect from this-------Thanks again

ok. That was a real PITA to find....
        not sure if this is what your after but I think so.....

I think its in the pdf called rear apron .pdf
        I can only post one pdf per post so the other two will be below.

Licesne plate trim.pdf will be needed I think.....
        and boot.pdf is just in case!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Heres the next one
          Attached Files

Comment

and finally
            Attached Files

Comment

Cheers, mate, i used your drawing numbers and found them on my ETKA, i am off to the garage now to get a quote. Thanks for your help, i am just glad he stopped and it was a company car and he gave me all his details. Will keep you posted on what happens.
              Cheers
              Graham

Comment

Here is a pic of the damage from the outside:
                Attached Files

Comment

Unlucky Graham, perhaps there are a few benefits to living in the UK. You still made the right choice though.

I hope you get it all sorted to your satisfaction.

Cheers,

Steve.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Bad luck mate. Hope it all gets sorted quickly.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Graham.

I really hope you get it all sorted.

Best of luck.

Cheers.

Bo
                      91 S2 coupé - RIP
                      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I have had a chat with the garage, and he is going to try to source some parts, he asked if i could possibly help him with some bits from over seas, so if i need some bits would anyone like to help, and does anyone have the part number for the number plate surround as ETKA is a tad unclear. The garage is so i am told by many the best in Adelaide for repairs, and looking round they have some good endorsements, Audi, Merc, Jaguar, Porsche and Ferrari approved repair agents, and 2 lads were painstakingly masking off a Dino while we chatted, so hopefully it will look good once its done, while it is in there i might get them to re-paint the sides aswell, get rid of the dings, and little scratches.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Graham; 5 May 2006, 08:19.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Graham.

P/N 895 945 225.
                          FA (945-10 #16)
                          SS

Comment

Unless you fancy the US version with the smaller plate opening: 895 945 225 A
                            SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter
                              Unless you fancy the US version with the smaller plate opening: 895 945 225 A
                              :mischeif: :mischeif: :mischeif: Got a pic so i can see it
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X