Spray Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Paint

Other than the dealer does anyone know where i can get paint made up in aerosol matched to my car not just the paint code???

Iain

Whats wrong with the dealer aerosol?

I should think any paintshop could do what you ask tho.
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by iain1067
      Other than the dealer does anyone know where i can get paint made up in aerosol matched to my car not just the paint code???

Iain

Best place is the dealer, but when i was looking around certain shops had codes to mix to make the paint.

Comment

If you want a perfect match, go to a place that will mix an aerosol for you. I've taken in a petrol filler flap and had them match and fill an aerosol can before. A large can cost me about £13
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Halfrauds mix paint if you give them the paint code.
          Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
          Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
          Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
          Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
          Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Any tips on painting plastic bumpers, like what kinda primer??? The bumpers i have are already painted so maybe a thorough rub down is enough???

iain

Comment

Always use a good primer dude, two or three of good two pack them rub down again being careful not to rub through.
              Ragusa Coupe gone!
              sigpic
              VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
              VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
              vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Originally posted by iain1067
                Any tips on painting plastic bumpers, like what kinda primer??? The bumpers i have are already painted so maybe a thorough rub down is enough???

iain
                Do you not have to add plasticiser to the paint to allow it to be flexible. I have my rear bumper painted proffesionally. IIRC it was about £200. Nice job though!
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                  Do you not have to add plasticiser to the paint to allow it to be flexible. I have my rear bumper painted proffesionally. IIRC it was about £200. Nice job though!

On bare plastic you can spray a plastic adhesion promoter on first but if its already painted its not nessesary. Plasticiser in paint makes it matt so unless the plastic is bendy i wouldn't bother.

If in doubt pay a painter to do it, isn't as dear as you think by the time you've bought all the materials it only costs you the labour.
                  Ragusa Coupe gone!
                  sigpic
                  VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                  VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                  vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Working...
                  X