painting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting question

what should i use to paint the sills, just below the rubber strips as mine is not looking its best currently....?

Ideally it needs to look glossy when clean or when given a wipe of autoglym bumper care gel.
    Cheers
    David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Its a funny colour that one David. I have though about doing the same myself. I would suspect there is an Audi paint code for it which is a dark grey or charcoal.

I have used Hammerite satin paint on my inlet pipe and was really pleased with the results on there if that's any help...

Cheers,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

funny you should mention Hammerite, i just painted the rear calipers in heat resistant hammerite and they came up a treat - i'll post up some pics if i get a moment.

I'll talk to Audi and see if they have a specific paint code for it
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

There's deffo a code for that colour. Ben could find it nae bother...
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

It's a rubberized stone guard, not paint. Part number is AKR311KD110 but its really for bodyshop application (not a spray can). I asked Ben about this a few days ago.
          Last edited by Nuvo; 12 July 2006, 22:15.

Comment

excellent, not fussed about applying it myself, just keen to get it redone as mine is ok but not great...think i will get the black on the front and rear bumpers done too
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

i need to do something with them though as they are looking a bit weather beaten I'm sure they can be painted an retain the textured finish a la oem
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

The front and rear bumpers are bare plastic David. IMO they could look worse painted...

Cheers,
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Did you get the stone guard done? - mine is looking a little tired as well. If you did - how much did it cost roughly?

Plus, my front bumper is a little scratched by previous owner - so would be interested if you tried painting it and it looked ok

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X