Lower bumper grill removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower bumper grill removal?

Does any one know how to remove the front lower bumper grill? The towing eye cover went missing so i had to buy a new one but it is alot blacker than the rest of the grill so i would like to paint the whole grill black.

Cheers.
    1994 Indigo Blue S2 coupe
    1994 80 Avant 1.9 TDI
    2005 Yamaha Fazer 1000
    1953 AJS Model 18S

remove the other side grille first, then pull out the centre section.
    The side grilles are hooked in the outside edge, and is pulled out by the centre piece.
    Hope that helps...!

Try using some black boot polish and a brush before you try and paint them..... works a treat...! Also it helps the rain pearl off it sooooo nicely...!
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Which one?

They all pull out, but you have to take the outer ones off first and then push the clips in towards the centre of the car on the centre grill. Be careful with the old ones as the plastic will be much more brittle.

I bought new ones from VAGparts.com and they are cheaper than you would think. I could not cope with having to paint them and try to get a decent finish.

Cheers,

Steve.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Thanks i will give it a try.
        Cheers.
        1994 Indigo Blue S2 coupe
        1994 80 Avant 1.9 TDI
        2005 Yamaha Fazer 1000
        1953 AJS Model 18S

Comment

How much is a new set? mine look aged
          Chef

Comment

IIRC they are less than £50 a set, I think £40.

Hold on.....
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

LH Grille £11.90
              RH Grille £11.90
              Centre Grille £23.02

All Plus VAT

Cheers,

Steve
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                Which one?

They all pull out, but you have to take the outer ones off first and then push the clips in towards the centre of the car on the centre grill. Be careful with the old ones as the plastic will be much more brittle.

I bought new ones from VAGparts.com and they are cheaper than you would think. I could not cope with having to paint them and try to get a decent finish.

Cheers,

Steve.
                hey there buddy! so sorry for digging this one but i am trying to check that VAGparts.com but i am redirected to some advertisement site Where did they go? Did they change domain names? i just messed up with my bumper grille you where right they where so brittle and very easy to break. can someone give me a good site? a reputable site to be exact! thanks guys!
                Last edited by ronierogers; 12 May 2011, 02:59.

Comment

Working...
                X