X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Wab 3 questions if you don't mind!?

1/ How are they at night?
    2/ Your sig says current country is the States but your home country is the UK yet the pics posted are of
    obviously the UK , what gives?
    3/ The pix with the back of the lamps shown. The black box on the right side of the Lights back...
    height adjustment motor ?

Comment

head lamps are ***** at night, but this is because my main beam turns my fish bowls off cause i never got round to doing the mod on the switch when i changed from standard lamps, im going to wire the feed for the headlamps direct to the alternator as this makes a world of differance!

sorry about the flag, have changd it to the uk again

3.yeah the black box is a motor for adjusting the headlamp level, have a little roller switch on my centre console

Comment

Yes.... nice job.

Is it possible to have a pic from 5-6 meter front please....

Thanks

Comment

i actually think it really looks good! much more agressive!,

but does it change ANYTHING for the dipped beam? or is the amount of light exactly the same?

and are you're lights fairly new?? i still have the original ones from 93 with lenses! i wanted to fit new ones in the hope that i would get more light from my HID kitt but aparently it doesnt make much difference??(does the relay mod do so much for s2 lights?)

and one last question do you have a picture with you're lights on??

Comment

Damn Beautiful !
            Suits the colour .. well done.

S2 Coupe fully built.
            10.9 1/4mile 0-100 in 3.5secs
            Precision 6262 turbo
            The Green Monster

Comment

Originally posted by 20/100
              Yes.... nice job.

Is it possible to have a pic from 5-6 meter front please....

Thanks

Hi,
              Sorry this is the only one i had. -
              Il ltake some better ones when i get a chance.

Thanks.
              Bo
              IMG_1243.JPG

but does it change ANYTHING for the dipped beam? or is the amount of light exactly the same?

and are you're lights fairly new?? i still have the original ones from 93 with lenses! i wanted to fit new ones in the hope that i would get more light from my HID kitt but aparently it doesnt make much difference??(does the relay mod do so much for s2 lights?)

and one last question do you have a picture with you're lights on??
              The dipped Beam is exactly the same, as only the lens illuminates and it doesn't require further reflection like the main beam.

The sidelights are a little dimmer - but not to bad if you use LED's.
              Light clusters are about 6 months old.
              I swapped to Elipsoids and HID's at the same time and the difference was immense. - not sure how big the difference is when just changing to HID's.

Ill take a pick with the lights on tonight.

Thanks.
              Bo
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Just painted mine. This is the only pic so far as the other lamp isn't quite finished. I'm pleased with the look but that silver reflective paint is a nightmare!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Try to pass the MOT with that one =]
                  Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper
                    Try to pass the MOT with that one =]
                    Why do you think this won't pass an MOT
                    Ragusa Coupe gone!
                    sigpic
                    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

The lights are still just as bright for me (I compared one finished one to the original one half way through). I haven't touched the elipsoid lens so I'd be surpised if they failed the MOT.

Comment

Wow Bo, that really did the trick on yours!

Nice writeup too.
                        maybe i should do that too later on.
                        Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

I did mine slightl;y differently, I blacked right up to the projector, but skirted round the sidelight. (since this photo, I have also changes to the later foglights to help the look)
                          I am running A6 HID projectors inside the S2 unit, HID is definately the way to go...!
                          Nice job Bo, suits your cars coilour very well....
                          Top marks....
                          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Good job!I have desided to do mine with black spray,not with paintbrushes!
                            Is there any paint ,which in the feauture i could remove without damageing the chrome cover of the reflector??

Comment

Originally posted by yavor20v View Post
                              Good job!I have desided to do mine with black spray,not with paintbrushes!
                              Is there any paint ,which in the feauture i could remove without damageing the chrome cover of the reflector??
                              No i doubt it very much, once it bonds to the chrome that will flake off way before the black paint comes off.

Unless you would take the whole thing apart again and use some sort of paint thinner to remove the black, but then this might remove the chrome too. Probably not a good idea.
                              91 S2 coupé - RIP
                              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

The chrome is very very flimsy. I will peel off in your hands if you are not careful. IMO nothing will go over the chrome that could be removed again...
                                The Perfectionist
                                sigpic
                                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X