Help again--Windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help again--Windscreen

Hi i havnt been on a while as i have just moved from Adelaide to Queensland, the company i work for paid for everything, including having the cars transported. The numpty in Adelaide used a paint type of marker on the windscreen to id the car. When it got here the paint damaged the windscreen and as a result it needs replacing. The company have ordered the windscreen from Audi Au using the chassis number and will be fitting it in the next few days. Could someone please write me a write up detailing exactly how the windscreen is fitted including rivot sizes and consumables. It is a fairly large company which is doing it, but i want it done properly so the more info the better. Kendra's car was also damaged, so hers is getting done aswell.
    Thankyou lots and lots
    Graham T
    P.S. i am using the library pc as the companies over here take years to respond to getting my internet on.

Will catch up soon.
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Sorry graham cant help you there.

Good luck anyway

*Bump*
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

No info on the actual details from me either, but a word of warning....I have had screens change on both Coupes and between the 2 cars they took 7 attempts with several screens and I am still not happy with either car.

When fitted, the outer A post covers should be absolutely flush with the roof. You can easily spot a Coupe which has had its screen changed as these covers will sit proud of the roof. Even worse, as poor job will leave them so high that you get wind noise coming though.

If in the UK, my advise would be, go somewhere where the average age of the fitters is 51, rather than 21 as it is the old boys who are more likely to have come across one of our cars, but don't know how many Coupes went to Aus

I recently had a chip repaired and an old boy turned up and immediately said "Oh that's an old S2....they are ******s to get a new screen in, you're lucky that we have caught this chip in time"

Cheers n

Si
      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Working...
      X